cheap gun review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

after you end up shooting anything else for a while, you'll sell it

I had one, and it did it's thing, like you said with decent ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
      after you end up shooting anything else for a while, you'll sell it

I had one, and it did it's thing, like you said with decent ammo.
      It'll likely just go in the safe. I sold most of my pistols a few years ago, Id like to have a couple again, especially since I'll have a range 10 mins down the road.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I couldn't own one based on everything I read about it; the heavy trigger and being unreliable/picky about ammo. It would be one thing if it was accurate or fun to shoot or looked good. But it doesn't seem to fit any of those.

I would probably compare it to owning a cheap 1911 if I got a good enough deal on one. It may be unreliable and picky about ammo; but if the trigger was smooth, shoot accurately, or just looked good, I'd probably hang on to it knowing I couldn't depend my life on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
          I've got a TCP that looks like hell from being pocket carried for years, it eats anything and everything. I've never had a single issue with it.
          Your one of the lucky ones. I just got rid of my TCP. Out of the box it had failure to feed issues every round. I tried every fix I could find on the interwebz: polishing the feed ramp, slide rails, extractor, and filing the magazine catch, among other things. Tried 2 different magazines, and about 6 different kinds of ammo. I put 400 rounds through it. It got better after all this, but never solved. I ditched it for a Ruger LCP.

Comment

Same with my tcp, sold it bc it sucked and rarely got a mag through it without a feed issue or fte

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
              Your one of the lucky ones. I just got rid of my TCP. Out of the box it had failure to feed issues every round. I tried every fix I could find on the interwebz: polishing the feed ramp, slide rails, extractor, and filing the magazine catch, among other things. Tried 2 different magazines, and about 6 different kinds of ammo. I put 400 rounds through it. It got better after all this, but never solved. I ditched it for a Ruger LCP.
              i've heard some of those stories. I guess I just got lucky. I was frustrated with the smith, tossed it on the table, pulled my TCP out of my IWB holster and emptied the mag. My wife and FIL were just staring at me with a blank look when I turned around.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                i've heard some of those stories. I guess I just got lucky. I was frustrated with the smith, tossed it on the table, pulled my TCP out of my IWB holster and emptied the mag. My wife and FIL were just staring at me with a blank look when I turned around.
                You shot up your S&W? LOL!! I only own a .22LR in S&W Shield. It's been a good little plinker, mostly for the wife and daughter. I'll probably carry it when I go camping to shoot rodents.

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
                  You shot up your S&W? LOL!! I only own a .22LR in S&W Shield. It's been a good little plinker, mostly for the wife and daughter. I'll probably carry it when I go camping to shoot rodents.
                  nah, but I put 7 downrange in the target.

Comment

I still have my "junk" Sigma .40 For a gun that gets a lot of bad press, its been problem free. Lot of range time with it over the years. A spring kit addresses the trigger issue that some people tend to complain about. I don't know what people are expecting from a handgun under $300.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                      I still have my "junk" Sigma .40 For a gun that gets a lot of bad press, its been problem free. Lot of range time with it over the years. A spring kit addresses the trigger issue that some people tend to complain about. I don't know what people are expecting from a handgun under $300.
                      I wouldn't know, I don't have any guns that cheap

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                        I sold mine to a board member years ago. It had a lot of rounds through it and other than cheap ass Blazer ammo it worked well.

My cheapo gun now is a PT-111 I picked up for under $200 brand new. Cabela's had it on sale for $249 with a $50 rebate and they gave me the 5% military discount. It has a very strange feeling trigger but it shoots straight and other than a failure to return to battery when brand new and uncleaned it's been pretty reliable.

Comment

Working...
                        X