No announcement yet.

Best burger recipes - give 'em to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so I ordered some spices/rubs/etc not too long ago, and used this last night on some burgers, and it was pretty damn good.

Comment

Dump a ranch mix in the mixture. Very white people, but delish.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
        Dump a ranch mix in the mixture. Very white people, but delish.
        The wife uses onion soup sometimes.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
          The wife uses onion soup sometimes.
          that's how i do chop steak. ground beef, onion soup mix, wrapped in bacon with brown gravy...

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
            You need to try the fajita burgers I get from this Mexican Meat Market in West Dallas.
            Those are damn good! Ciabatta bun, one slice aged cheddar and one slice pepperjack, avacado, fresh japs, red onion, and some Sweet Diablo sauce.

Great googly moogly!

Comment

This is going down tomorrow. Did some practice rounds this week. The best was probably a 75% chuck / 25% pork mix, sliced smoked cheddar/swiss, a bourbon-based sauce, tomato and arugula.

But I think in the end I'm going to stay pretty classic... they can try to church it up with weird shit (i know one is doing some crazy wagyu something), but I think something a bit more nostalgic will get it done.

50% chuck, 25% brisket, 25% short rib. Will be double stacking two thinner patties rather than going thick (more surface area for lots of that sweet Maillard reaction goodness). Shredded smoked cheddar and diced onion between the patties. Sliced tomato, pretzel bun... maybe a mayo based sauce.

Comment

You need to try the fajita burgers I get from this Mexican Meat Market in West Dallas.
                C'mon bro give us the info. Buddy of mine brought back a case of them from a trip down south and you're right. Fajita burgers are a game changer

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                This is going down tomorrow. Did some practice rounds this week. The best was probably a 75% chuck / 25% pork mix, sliced smoked cheddar/swiss, a bourbon-based sauce, tomato and arugula.

But I think in the end I'm going to stay pretty classic... they can try to church it up with weird shit (i know one is doing some crazy wagyu something), but I think something a bit more nostalgic will get it done.

50% chuck, 25% brisket, 25% short rib. Will be double stacking two thinner patties rather than going thick (more surface area for lots of that sweet Maillard reaction goodness). Shredded smoked cheddar and diced onion between the patties. Sliced tomato, pretzel bun... maybe a mayo based sauce.
                Good call on the double stack over the single. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post

Never understood the craz for ground wagyu. Waygu is prized because of the marbling. Who gives a fuck if its ground up.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                    Never understood the craz for ground wagyu. Waygu is prized because of the marbling. Who gives a fuck if its ground up.
                    It's more expensive so it's better!

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                      Those are damn good! Ciabatta bun, one slice aged cheddar and one slice pepperjack, avacado, fresh japs, red onion, and some Sweet Diablo sauce.

Great googly moogly!
                      I like the way you role! Lately I'll make them with the toasted ciabatta bun, American cheese, guacamole, and some jalapenos.

Originally posted by hxbernal View Post
                      C'mon bro give us the info. Buddy of mine brought back a case of them from a trip down south and you're right. Fajita burgers are a game changer
                      Here you go man. It's in West Dallas not to far off of Loop 12 and Singleton. Call them on Sunday or Monday and place an order for them to pick up on Friday or I think Saturday.

Carniceria Mexico Meat Market
                      5417 Bernal Dr, Dallas, TX 75212
                      (214) 630-6485

Comment

I just pitched thin 2 patties to my wife for tomorrow's cookout. She disapproves but I'm going to do it anyway.

Comment

Here you go man. It's in West Dallas not to far off of Loop 12 and Singleton. Call them on Sunday or Monday and place an order for them to pick up on Friday or I think Saturday.
                          When I googled West side + Carniceria that's what came up so I figured that was it but didn't want to chance it. Thanks for the pro tip too.

Comment

I like the way you role! Lately I'll make them with the toasted ciabatta bun, American cheese, guacamole, and some jalapenos.

Carniceria Mexico Meat Market
                            5417 Bernal Dr, Dallas, TX 75212
                            (214) 630-6485
                            First two times they were fantastic. Last time they were fair. The seasoned fajitas and beef are bad ass also.
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by hxbernal View Post
                              When I googled West side + Carniceria that's what came up so I figured that was it but didn't want to chance it. Thanks for the pro tip too.
                              They used to keep the burgers out until they got to popular. Now they do them by order, grind them up once a week, and you pick them up. They will ask you for your name, number, and time that you pick them up. I've had someone try to come in and pick my burgers up before. The fajitas are pretty good to, they won't marinade unless you ask them and they'll tell you to let it sit for at least a couple of hours before grilling them.

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                              First two times they were fantastic. Last time they were fair. The seasoned fajitas and beef are bad ass also.
                              Burgers are still good. I'll usually freeze them and cook them a couple or so weeks later. The taste seems to get better

Comment

I did, in fact, beat the shit out of everyone.

We even had voting/scoring cards, so I know there was a decent gap.

Entry 1 was a just a fatty (35%) ground beef (not sure of cut). It was definitely heavily worked and very formed into a tight patty and to me was more of a steak sandwich than a burger. Not overcooked, but very firm. The fried egg was good, but overpowering... mild cheddar (blah), and some mayo and arugula. It was ok.

Burger 2 was good. Well seasoned wagyu with a truffle butter... but sliced American cheese. Of all the options, Kraft?

I went with the new plan. Thin patties with the 50/25/25 mix, diced yellow onion, crisp bacon crumbles and lots of smoked cheddar between the patties, and then a sauce that was prob 70% may, 30% spciy brown mustard with some dill pickle juice and smoked paprika mixed it. Fucking killed it. Juicy as hell, the sauce was badass and the bacon crumbles sealed the deal. Honestly, I think the best burger I've ever made.

Comment

Working...
                                X