Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
    Thanks. I am lucky. No flu in sub sahara. Only malaria but I take meds for that....meds that fuck up my eyesight and are HELL on my liver, which makes burning fat for fuel even harder.

My diet has been hard as fuck to stick to but I am holding down. Hard to eat 85% fat, 10% protein, 5% carb. I usually end up more like 75/20/5. But I test every piss and can see when I am slipping out of ketosis. My fat bomb of choice is 3oz of cream cheese and a handful of almonds.

I am in the capital city right now and stumbled on a fucking fantastic gym. Costs me equivalant of $6usd but worth it a couple times a week. I go back and forth between the african native gym with TONS of USA equipment or a spartan Air Force gym on the base here. The African one is BETTER.
    I’m also adapted to the keto diet. Did a “rough keto” for a few days (had a couple bananas thrown in that obviously fuck it up but was still in a calorie deficit), and now I’ve been doing keto 100% for 11 days. So in 2 weeks I dropped 7lbs and have been in moderate/large range on the piss strips 9 days straight.

I saw a Wendy’s commercial the other day and said to my wife, “the bun on that burger looks amazing” and my stomach loudly growled a second later. She laughed until she cried.

I miss bread. A lot.
    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
      I’m also adapted to the keto diet. Did a “rough keto” for a few days (had a couple bananas thrown in that obviously fuck it up but was still in a calorie deficit), and now I’ve been doing keto 100% for 11 days. So in 2 weeks I dropped 7lbs and have been in moderate/large range on the piss strips 9 days straight.

I saw a Wendy’s commercial the other day and said to my wife, “the bun on that burger looks amazing” and my stomach loudly growled a second later. She laughed until she cried.

I miss bread. A lot.
      Bread is a real mother fucker.

Comment

• I get my bread from Low Carb Bread company. Not sure how Keto it is, but it does the trick every now and then. They have buns, pasta, all sorts of crap. I keep it in the freezer and eat it every now and again.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Originally posted by kingjason View Post
          I get my bread from Low Carb Bread company. Not sure how Keto it is, but it does the trick every now and then. They have buns, pasta, all sorts of crap. I keep it in the freezer and eat it every now and again.
          Check the fiber and carbs on the nutrition label.
          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
          dont downshift!!

Comment

Check the fiber and carbs on the nutrition label.
            Oh I know how low carb it is. Like 1 carb a slice. Not sure on the Keto part.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Originally posted by BradM View Post
              Bread is a real mother fucker.
              I love(d) bread, and not to sound like a fgt, but I may have a gluten allergy or something. Now that I have been off breads, pastas, and carbs in general for months now, I never feel bloated or inflammation in my stomach/guts.

I have been low carb, like below 50 a day for a year or so now. First of this year, I went below 20g a day and went full blown keto diet a few weeks later. When I am showing lots of ketones on my test strips I feel amazing. When I feel a little low, I can go piss and it answers that question. Eat a few fat foods and I am back up to speed again. I love it. My head is clear as fuck too. I feel like I can think better, problem solve better and think before I act better.

Fuck sugar, fuck carbs
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• LC bread is good stuff, but watch out for all of that protein, too much will knock you out of ketosis. No biggie if in a deficit, but I feel gross when I've had too much.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                  I love(d) bread, and not to sound like a fgt, but I may have a gluten allergy or something. Now that I have been off breads, pastas, and carbs in general for months now, I never feel bloated or inflammation in my stomach/guts.

I have been low carb, like below 50 a day for a year or so now. First of this year, I went below 20g a day and went full blown keto diet a few weeks later. When I am showing lots of ketones on my test strips I feel amazing. When I feel a little low, I can go piss and it answers that question. Eat a few fat foods and I am back up to speed again. I love it. My head is clear as fuck too. I feel like I can think better, problem solve better and think before I act better.

Fuck sugar, fuck carbs
                  I remember this feeling...it was great. I have attempted to get back on keto twice now and have failed in the second week. My downfall has been the kids since I don't want to give the impression that I'm overly obsessed with weight control.

Comment

• Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                    I remember this feeling...it was great. I have attempted to get back on keto twice now and have failed in the second week. My downfall has been the kids since I don't want to give the impression that I'm overly obsessed with weight control.
                    That's nothing more than an excuse. Eating healthy shouldn't be an obsession about weight control, teach them that it's about so much more. Blood pressure, longevity, energy, mental clarity, overall health, etc. My step-daughter knows that I'm trying to be healthy and lean out a little with my "weird" diet, and I don't subject her to any of it unless she asks. I buy her coke, cookies, chips etc. as requested, as she's thin as a rail, but I don't eat any of it. Will be the same as my son gets older, and he will be taught to focus on veggies and lean meats, so that he won't need to go keto hopefully.

Comment

• Coming to the tail end of a nice little 24 hour water/coffee only fast. Feel great. Every piss since my last meal has been in ketosis and no signs of trailing off from first test to last during this 24hrs. Makes me very happy. I really need to do this once a week more often.

Just left the store and picked up some beef churizo and very sharp cheddar and a nice chunk of blue cheese also. Gonna be a HEAVY fat afternoon meal.

Comment

• You dudes still doin it or what?

April gym sessions were a trip. No gym available at the camp I stood up for a military exercise BUT, the special forces brought a bunch of plates, bars and a universal dumbell set. So I made a pull up bar, a bench and a rack for a bar to sit in for overhead press, squats, and bench press. Was a fuckin success. The gym I made was the best part of the whole exercise and ODA 3XXX were pleased to have a place to get their swole on.

my first shitty gym before the team showed up. I used tent pegs (about 2kg each) lashed to the end of the bar to make a curl and overhead press bar. Weighed around 70lbs or so.

Then someone unloaded a pallet full of weights and i built this.

May I went on R&R. Worked out maybe 6 times the whole month. Shame on me. But I was on vacation and had very little time home. I did get 2 gym days in at the resort in Mexico with the wife. Plus plenty of cardio

June, i got back from R&R late May and have been stuck in a hotel in Niamey since I returned. Hit the gym at a day-on day-off rotation to get back into the groove. 3rd session today and I feel great.

Last edited by KBScobravert; 06-06-2018, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• I’m at 142lbs, lowest weight since I was in college and 20lbs off in 3 months of keto.
                          dont downshift!!

Comment

I’m at 142lbs, lowest weight since I was in college and 20lbs off in 3 months of keto.
                            Damn. I hit 169 by the time I landed at home. I am around 174/5 right now. Not been in keto for weeks. I need to watch cholesterol for the next couple of weeks until my physical. Then I can start playing with my marcos again to put some weight on though.

Comment

• I'm down to 285 from 325 with diet only. Dr. cut my diabetes meds in half because my a1c is so much better. You guys were right, fuck bread.

Comment

• Originally posted by BradM View Post
                                I'm down to 285 from 325 with diet only. Dr. cut my diabetes meds in half because my a1c is so much better. You guys were right, fuck bread.
                                Watch “The Magic Pill” on Netflix. LOTS of studies and beliefs that carbs/sugar are the biggest contributors to high colesterol and heart problems, not fat.
                                dont downshift!!

Comment

Working...
                                X