Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone going to barnswell(Gilmer) next weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone going to barnswell(Gilmer) next weekend?

Have a group going out there for our annual get away from the wives weekend. Anyone else gonna be out there?
    07 f250-family truckster
    08 Denali -baby hauler
    52 f1-rust bucket
    05 Jeep tj. Buggy
    livin the double-wide dream

What are you taking?
    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
      What are you taking?
      I’ll be riding with my brother in law in his Jeep this go round. My Jeep needs a few things and my diesel is down currently.
      07 f250-family truckster
      08 Denali -baby hauler
      52 f1-rust bucket
      05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

Itching to go. Saturday will be beautiful but Sunday sloppy.

Wondering if the trails there are still nasty from this past weeks weather.

Gilmer muddy is a lot of messy.
        Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

It’s not too bad. Except the rain coming down now a pretty good rate
          07 f250-family truckster
          08 Denali -baby hauler
          52 f1-rust bucket
          05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

Anyone wanna hit this place up later this year? The OHV sticker from Bridgeport should work, it is an OHV park!

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
              Anyone wanna hit this place up later this year? The OHV sticker from Bridgeport should work, it is an OHV park!
              youre going to fuck your new truck up!

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                youre going to fuck your new truck up!
                That's why I bought it!
                Plus this place seems to have a lot of easier trails, like the green at Bridgeport. Saw a few Youtube video's, some places I would NOT go tho!

Comment

I am definitely going out there soon. Sister and brother in law just got a RZR and want to try it out. The OHV sticker will work, but be warned, they don't have any in stock at the place, they say they do, but they don't. Also, they charge you for EVERYTHING out there, even the damned maps!

It's an extremely fun park though.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                    I am definitely going out there soon. Sister and brother in law just got a RZR and want to try it out. The OHV sticker will work, but be warned, they don't have any in stock at the place, they say they do, but they don't. Also, they charge you for EVERYTHING out there, even the damned maps!

I got my OHV sticker last weekend in Bridgeport, so ready to go try out a few "armature" trails. We need to make a GTG out there too, see how many Stanger's can over take that place!

Comment

I got my OHV sticker last weekend in Bridgeport, so ready to go try out a few "armature" trails. We need to make a GTG out there too, see how many Stanger's can over take that place!
                      I'm going out there Friday. Don't know what you drive, but the level 2 trails are good for mostly stock. A guy in a 4x4 ranger was managing them fine. Level 3 trails, I would recommend a winch. I was handling most level 3 trails with my Brute Force 750 four wheeler, but the Ranger followed me and got so incredibly stuck.

Comment

I'm going out there Friday. Don't know what you drive, but the level 2 trails are good for mostly stock. A guy in a 4x4 ranger was managing them fine. Level 3 trails, I would recommend a winch. I was handling most level 3 trails with my Brute Force 750 four wheeler, but the Ranger followed me and got so incredibly stuck.
                        I've got an F-150 and no winch, just Toyo AT II's. Level 2 it is!

Comment

I’d rather pay up at barnwell than going to Bridgeport. We go to barnwell for days at a time. A few hours at Bridgeport and I feel like I took a beating.
                          07 f250-family truckster
                          08 Denali -baby hauler
                          52 f1-rust bucket
                          05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
                            I’d rather pay up at barnwell than going to Bridgeport. We go to barnwell for days at a time. A few hours at Bridgeport and I feel like I took a beating.
                            Bridgeport is a lot closer for me, like 45 minutes vs a couple hours. I do plan on a day trip out there tho, then maybe hit up Shreveport for the evening and return home the next day.

I'm pissed at my truck now, with the damn ecoboost engine, nobody makes a mount for a winch, they block the intercooler and I've heard of people having warranty issues. There is one bumper with a winch mount, but it is ugly as fuck, and way too biog for what I want. Goes over the headlights and grill for more protection. I just want a simple winch up front in case I get stuck and need to pull myself out!

Comment

Bridgeport is a lot closer for me, like 45 minutes vs a couple hours. I do plan on a day trip out there tho, then maybe hit up Shreveport for the evening and return home the next day.

I'm pissed at my truck now, with the damn ecoboost engine, nobody makes a mount for a winch, they block the intercooler and I've heard of people having warranty issues. There is one bumper with a winch mount, but it is ugly as fuck, and way too biog for what I want. Goes over the headlights and grill for more protection. I just want a simple winch up front in case I get stuck and need to pull myself out!
                              They are both those same distances for me. Barnwell is just a better park with better crowd. I don’t have to dodge the drunks at 1 there like I’ve had to at Bridgeport.
                              07 f250-family truckster
                              08 Denali -baby hauler
                              52 f1-rust bucket
                              05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

Working...
                              X