Almost ate a semi trailer today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost ate a semi trailer today

I bought one of the little Can Am Spyders a week ago Saturday and I'm still getting used to it. Today I tested out the Spyder's brakes from 65 to zero. I was cruising back from town after working out and a semi pulling a flatbed trailer decided to look at me coming and pull long ways across the highway and park there, blocking all oncoming traffic for a good 2 minutes.

When he did this, I was so close I could see him look at me, then look down at something in his passenger seat, then pull across the road and stop again and look at something in his passenger seat.
    I laid on the brakes as hard as I could and hit the clutch on the bike and I'm honestly surprised. The bike didn't move out of the straight line she was in, didn't slide or do anything other than come to a complete stop rapidly. I was probably 20 feet from the trailer when I did stop though.

I am not however, impressed with the horn that I laid down on that sounded like an angry bee to show my displeasure. He backed up for a moment then continued on his way with a car behind me that somehow stopped before I did.

Very happy with the Spyder, not happy with the truck driver.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

You were being watched out for sir. That situation could have had all kinds of bad turnouts.

Comment

Damn man, those who know me, know that I live life to it's fullest, but if I were you I might not be pushing my luck, unless your ready to check out that is...
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Damn, glad everything turned out OK. I've been encountering an inordinate amount of dumb fucks on the road here lately. Just the other day I had an old man nearly take the front off from my Camaro when he didn't yield at a turn. He never even saw me.

Comment

I have this theory that I'm immortal until God calls my number, especially given my history but... theory versus looking at that flatbed trailer coming at my chest.

PTSD fueled reflexes though. Have to give them credit for reaction time.
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
            I have this theory that I'm immortal until God calls my number, especially given my history but... theory versus looking at that flatbed trailer coming at my chest.

PTSD fueled reflexes though. Have to give them credit for reaction time.
            I've got that same theory, but I sure as shit don't want to test it out.

Comment

Glad you are okay.

Comment

The horns aren't motorcycle specific, you can probably put some airhorns on if you have the room. I put a generic car one on my Harley when the stocker gave up.

Comment

Always expect the unexpected. You should see the shit people pull on myself and others all day long. Sad part is it’s getting a lot more frequent and aggressive drivers are everywhere. We have cameras So the cutoff and brake check shit will easily show up if it’s bad enough.
                  Last edited by Captain Crawfish; 06-13-2019, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X