No announcement yet.

Mini-tubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

315's are going to be sexy as hell on the back.

Will you have it done by the end of May for the cruise are you going to take the S10?
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I'll be in the Dime. I'm too broke to buy wheels and tires in one fell swoop. If my current wheels sell I'll be ordering tires soon.
      Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
        I'll be in the Dime. I'm too broke to buy wheels and tires in one fell swoop. If my current wheels sell I'll be ordering tires soon.
        I know the feeling. The last ditch efforts to get my Cobra on the roads dented me pretty good.

Comment

I was up late lastnite google-ing the Crites kit and all I found was mediocre reviews at best. I then started to search for alternate methods of fitting a larger wheel/tire combo in '60's era cars and I came up with this:

yes I know it's a Comet, but it's for idea purposes. funny thing is, that when I first tore my '66 down to a shell back in '00, this was the route I was gonna take. I just didn't have the time to look into it too much due to my daughter being newborn. she took all my time and the rest is history as they say. car is still in bare shell form to this day.

anyway, just thought you guys might want to see/read what else can be done.
          --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Damn, that's involved!!

I like this guys idea: http://www.jwracing-fab.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=164

With home made versions of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Billet-Alumi...38591005096472

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

If I remember correctly, Detroit Speed and Machine makes those billet kits for the GM folks and I remember seeing them around the turn of the century. I wouldn't think that they would need to be made out of aluminum for a street car. Just good gauge steel should do the trick IMO.
              --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Did some more cleaning and wheel fitment. There is about a 1/2-3/4 space behind the tire and 2" to the lip on this 275. The 315's arrived in Mississippi this afternoon so those should be here soon.

Bagged??

I also drilled for spot welds too. I'm trying to make it look somewhat factory.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

do you have a full set of those wheels? interested in selling?
                  --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by projectPONY View Post
                    These belong to 4bangen, they are busted on the lips (repairable IMO). I know he said he would sell me all 4.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by projectPONY View Post
                      I have 4 '97 cobra wheels in 95% with tires with less than 2,000 miles on them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I decided to just buy new wheel tubs, this old sheet metal is difficult to weld to, it just evaporates!

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                          I have 4 '97 cobra wheels in 95% with tires with less than 2,000 miles on them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
                          No thanks, I want some '03-'04 Cobras.
                          --carlos

sigpic

Comment

you using gas when welding ? or flux

Comment

Flux, it's probably too think of wire too but it's all I have.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

In before Henry sits on your welds.
                                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                                X