No announcement yet.

Texas Law Shield - Gun Laws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two year old article but worth reading if you are thinking about the insurance.

I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
      I was turned off by their extremely high pressure sales pitch. Any time someone tries to guilt me into buying something I generally stop listening. They signed up probably 25% of my class though so it works.
      I am exactly the same way.

Ours was actually pretty low pressure, but a personal story by our instructor is really what pushed me to go ahead and sign up.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
        I am exactly the same way.

Ours was actually pretty low pressure, but a personal story by our instructor is really what pushed me to go ahead and sign up.
        I can't fault anyone for buying it, they make a very good sales pitch. Ultimately their service is only going to be as good as the attorney that handles your specific case though.

Personally I'd look into a personal umbrella policy. I doubt it'd cost much more but it'll cover you for a lot more things.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
          I can't fault anyone for buying it, they make a very good sales pitch. Ultimately their service is only going to be as good as the attorney that handles your specific case though.

Personally I'd look into a personal umbrella policy. I doubt it'd cost much more but it'll cover you for a lot more things.
          This is not an insurance. I don't want money to pay liability claims, I want a lawyer to defend me without having to come up with a $10k retainer up front.

Of course, it does no good if they don't deliver..

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post

https://www.thetrace.org/2015/08/tex...ction-lawsuit/
            Good read. That is how it felt to me, and one of the reasons I did not get theirs. High pressure, and no proof/details.
            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
            86 SVO - Sold
            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
              Good read. That is how it felt to me, and one of the reasons I did not get theirs. High pressure, and no proof/details.
              The idea is good, but no proof of services in action is what keeps me from getting it. Never heard a sales pitch in person, just read about them and other companies online, and just not much (if any) proof they do what they say. Plus, the way I understand it is if you were carrying in a theater or mall with a legal sign and you stopped a mass shooting which might be a defense to prosecution under TX law as far as I understand it, the lawyer services will not help you at all since that sign was there, even if you didn't see it. Figured it just doesn't seem worth it.
              I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post

https://www.thetrace.org/2015/08/tex...ction-lawsuit/
                That is interesting..

Comment

I had to sit through this bullshit sales pitch at my LTC class. Absolute exaggeration and scare tactics. The LTC instructor gets a cut of everyone who signs up also. This shit is despicable. I had an attorney look it over, and there are so many ways they can choose not help you that it's totally worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
                    I had to sit through this bullshit sales pitch at my LTC class. Absolute exaggeration and scare tactics. The LTC instructor gets a cut of everyone who signs up also. This shit is despicable. I had an attorney look it over, and there are so many ways they can choose not help you that it's totally worthless.
                    Multi-level legal defense?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                      Multi-level legal defense?
                      You're officially drafted to my legal defense team. If you play your cards right we can have the same inappropriate client-attorney relationship that my first chair attorney and I have.

Comment

You're officially drafted to my legal defense team. If you play your cards right we can have the same inappropriate client-attorney relationship that my first chair attorney and I have.
                        Deal! And remember, in Texas it's permissible to have a sexual relationship prior to a legal relationship. If after we sign a client agreement, then I have to charge full price to avoid any ethical complaints.

Comment

Exactly, and what the article that Lantirn posted reads.

To the lawyer and lawyer-to-be on the board, your peers are the reason many people have negative opinions of too many lawyers.
                          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                          86 SVO - Sold
                          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Seems like they should go to war for you. It would be a drop in the bucket compared to what they're getting paid in. At that point, why not. Be good practice for them. Not that they do, just seems like they should.
                            WH

Comment

Working...
                            X