Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some thoughts on everything that has gone down…

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The website was sold for one purpose: money. If it's any different then Chris himself can come on in here and correct me and give Jose some cash.

The website was bought for one purpose: money. The new owners want to use it as a tool to generate revenue.

DFWstangs was never meant to become a money-generating whore of a website. That's 100% opposite of it's original intent.

Here is a post I made to the Admin regarding why Autoguide will never understand the culture and website.

You're still not comprehending.

The site was started as a car site 10 years ago. However, the reason this was a car site was because a lot of us were friends in the racing community and it helped connect the area's racers. It was never meant to go after corral.net or anything like that... it was meant to be home grown. It was meant to be our site. That's part of the allure: owned, operated and FOR the DFW mustang community.

I can tell you a lot of people are fucking LIVID about the situation because the site owners weren't nameless Admins like you... we all get together and drink beer, race cars, go to titty bars, start fights, be best mans at weddings, watch kids get born and grow up... that's why I said you might wanna come down and meet us.

Analogy time... This is like a small, home-grown company being sold to a larger one with only the owner knowing about the sale. Aaaaand let's say that the only reason the company was started in the first place was to keep a group of friends together doing something they mutually loved. The employees feel betrayed and lied to. The only problem here is that, unlike a company, the core group of people can easily regroup without having to deal with any clauses or contracts forbidding them to do the same work locally.

I mean, shit, did you read the intro on the home page to this site?

Welcome to DFWstangs.net, The High Performance Community for North Texas

A lot of the newbs that have come on here and offer fucking NOTHING of substance are merely tolerated. Do a search... we eat our young. This website is/was/will not be made for retards looking to just be retards.

As for the the "i hope that the people who don't like it move along" remark... You're going to get your wish soon enough. Autoguide will still have a big use base, and there will still be traffic, but the core... the people who know the owners and the owners are the reason they are here... will fucking leave.

Unfortunately, that number will probably be around 500-1,000, and will account for 20% of the activity.

Think this is... Like Shiner Bock. Shiner isn't from Texas if they suddenly move their operation to Mexico.

Comprende?

... and they still won't get it, IMO. Oh well.
    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Jose was wronged. Chris should have at least given him the opportunity to buy him out of the site. The company that bought the site owns tons of sites (including the corral). I'm sure they see this kind of thing all the time. I'm not sure, but I don't think the old site was started to make money. It was about a local community. Every site costs money to operate and I don't think that most people cared about the local ads. The canadians whoring out the site was BS. Why would they want to buy a local mustang board? Are there that many people from other parts of the country interested in the local scene? What is the real value? How are they going to attract people to a DFW site? Was dfw stangs really that great of a mustang board or was it a great local community board? If it was more of a local community board than mustang board, what is the value of the site? The name? The name is still local. To me the purchase makes no sense but I'm not in that business. I don't think we (the community) should ban the idiots from this site. I think that site will continue to shrink without the core people there.

I think people feel betrayed by Chris and have no loyalty (or reason to be loyal) to the canadians so why stay?

Comment

I thought it was a very organized move to a new location,
        sure some egged the windows on the way out, they are upset ,, rightly so IMO .

I expected no less from this band of ragamuffins ..

It's over and done, its the internet --quit being so serious

Comment

Don, I think the 1000 users account for more like 95% of the activity.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO
            The website was sold for one purpose: money. If it's any different then Chris himself can come on in here and correct me and give Jose some cash.

The website was bought for one purpose: money. The new owners want to use it as a tool to generate revenue.

DFWstangs was never meant to become a money-generating whore of a website. That's 100% opposite of it's original intent.

Here is a post I made to the Admin regarding why Autoguide will never understand the culture and website.

You're still not comprehending.

The site was started as a car site 10 years ago. However, the reason this was a car site was because a lot of us were friends in the racing community and it helped connect the area's racers. It was never meant to go after corral.net or anything like that... it was meant to be home grown. It was meant to be our site. That's part of the allure: owned, operated and FOR the DFW mustang community.

I can tell you a lot of people are fucking LIVID about the situation because the site owners weren't nameless Admins like you... we all get together and drink beer, race cars, go to titty bars, start fights, be best mans at weddings, watch kids get born and grow up... that's why I said you might wanna come down and meet us.

Analogy time... This is like a small, home-grown company being sold to a larger one with only the owner knowing about the sale. Aaaaand let's say that the only reason the company was started in the first place was to keep a group of friends together doing something they mutually loved. The employees feel betrayed and lied to. The only problem here is that, unlike a company, the core group of people can easily regroup without having to deal with any clauses or contracts forbidding them to do the same work locally.

I mean, shit, did you read the intro on the home page to this site?

Welcome to DFWstangs.net, The High Performance Community for North Texas

A lot of the newbs that have come on here and offer fucking NOTHING of substance are merely tolerated. Do a search... we eat our young. This website is/was/will not be made for retards looking to just be retards.

As for the the "i hope that the people who don't like it move along" remark... You're going to get your wish soon enough. Autoguide will still have a big use base, and there will still be traffic, but the core... the people who know the owners and the owners are the reason they are here... will fucking leave.

Unfortunately, that number will probably be around 500-1,000, and will account for 20% of the activity.

Think this is... Like Shiner Bock. Shiner isn't from Texas if they suddenly move their operation to Mexico.

Comprende?

... and they still won't get it, IMO. Oh well.
            Dfwstangs will be a ghost town in the coming weeks, unless some noobs come in and start a new population. DFWS may have had 23,xxx members...but 90% of that were blank accounts. The true posters must have been 1000 or less, and 80% of them are already here.

Comment

I seriously don't understand why anyone would stay on there now

fuck autoguide... why put money in their pockets when we can just hang out here?
              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter
                I seriously don't understand why anyone would stay on there now

fuck autoguide... why put money in their pockets when we can just hang out here?
                With the main group gone, now people can be the main group there.

Comment

exactly... sitting on the fence goes against everything this group is about, and I'm dumbfounded by some of the "core" guys still being on that board and saying "jeez, don't jump the gun, this place might not suck too bad after all"

fuck that and I kinda want to say fuck them too, but other than that confusing/baffling stance, I have no other issues with them, so I'm not going to beef over loyalty to some website... but it definitely lowers the respect level that I previously held for them
                  http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

It doesnt matter what web address we call home as long as the family lives in the same house.

Comment

exactly... sitting on the fence goes against everything this group is about, and I'm dumbfounded by some of the "core" guys still being on that board and saying "jeez, don't jump the gun, this place might not suck too bad after all"

fuck that and I kinda want to say fuck them too, but other than that confusing/baffling stance, I have no other issues with them, so I'm not going to beef over loyalty to some website... but it definitely lowers the respect level that I previously held for them
                      Well, good luck going over there to say, you got hit with the ban stick too.

Comment

I still have no clue what all went on over there at DFWSTANGS. I just figured if you fuckers were jumping off the cliff, fuck it, I am right behind you.

Comment

I respect ur position. I don't know every thing that went Down. None of us do. Just a hand full of people know. But the fact they started to censor us and ban some of u old schoolers is just wrong. I have only been on here bout 4 years so I don't consider myself am old schooler but the rest of u didn't deserve that. And if Jose did get screwed that is pretty messed up on chris' part. Oh well we are still the same people just with a new website to screw around on. Just my 2 cents
                          99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
                          going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

This is what I dont understand, why the hell would anyone want anything left on dfwstangs? I started a thread this morning asking people to start deleting their posts and everyone had their own witty come back for why NOT to do it yet none of them made any sense.

That site, as much as everyone loves it, now has one goal for its new owner(s). To generate revenue. By leaving and not doing anything with all the posts then all you are doing is leaving a foundation for others to build on. Yeah we left out of there with dis respect, fuck the new owner!

The only splitting of the group that I can see are the people coming here, getting Tyler to correct their posts and then tell him "as soon as Jose gets something together then we are out of here". That is a HUGE slap in his face and I cant believe anyone would do that. I understand their are allegiances but if you feel that way then why even sign up here? Just wait for Jose's site. Once again, I have nothing against the guy but at the same time I dont agree with his response to it either. I guess it all depends on how you look at the site and what it meant to you though.

Comment

I lurked over there for a bit today and the discussion between big studly and paladin is enough for Phil to scream "sell sell sell!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt
                                I lurked over there for a bit today and the discussion between big studly and paladin is enough for Phil to scream "sell sell sell!!"
                                This!

That place felt dead to me......sad, but life goes on.

Comment

Working...
                                X