Anyone cryptocurrency mine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zachary View Post
    SO when I posted this months ago i wanted to mine, a friend and myself talked ourselves out of it then...but 3 months ago we bought into MULTIPLE stocks, didnt hit the big bitcoin bubble(made a little), we bought litecoin at 75, and eth at 400. Our biggest gainers have been TRX, SMN,SNT, and XRP though.

I bought XRP at .25$ and TRX at .004$.

Lets just say those 2 investments have destroyed any other investment I have ever made in my life by a LOOOOOOOOOONG shot!
    XRP but my best is POE(522.45%) so far...
    You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

• Highest one I ever saw went up 3,220%. Probably higher ones exist on the timeline somewhere. Defies explanation. Unless massive whale.

But whew, finally unstuck from a position. Bought DNT at 14 cents, then it of course nose dives to 3 cents where it languishes for 4 months. Now its back up to around 30 cents. /sigh of relief.

Now that its had that first upsurge, and tanked ,and has surged again, the odds that it will ever go back down to lower levels are very small. Come on $5! Daddy needs to be rich
      WH

Comment

• Gasser, do you play with the Fibonacci numbers, or other, to determine trends?
        Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
        There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darren M View Post
          Gasser, do you play with the Fibonacci numbers, or other, to determine trends?
          I've decided to go ahead and dive off into all that, but from what I've learned so far, the basic message is "Beware". The charter types all seem to say that charting works great until it doesn't. And that it should only be used as a help or guide and that its not an exact science. But I'm going to go ahead and study up heavily anyway. If nothing else just to be able to spot the classic cases, and obvious good times to buy. Fibonacci does seem to be an easy one.

For my personal take, I don't really trust it. I prefer research. Learn all there is to know about a given project. Then again I'm more of the long term hold type, and to me charting seems to be what you'd use to try to determine when something is going to take off. I'd try to buy in months before that time came. And not sell even when it takes off. Wait a year or two and maybe think about selling once its 3-10x higher than when it took off the first time.

To me, there are too many variables, too much risk in trying to determine when something is about to take off, and buying in right before then. Long term holding seems to me to be lower risk, and higher gain. Just have to have patience. Just identify a good one and buy in when its cheap, then all the charting in the world wouldn't have helped you cause you were already in, in the first place.

Warren Buffett:

"We have long felt that the only value of stock forecasters is to make fortune-tellers look good."
          WH

Comment

I bought XRP at .25$ and TRX at .004$.

Lets just say those 2 investments have destroyed any other investment I have ever made in my life by a LOOOOOOOOOONG shot!
            Not according to what you pm'd me in 2005.
            Originally posted by davbrucas
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

• Originally posted by slow99 View Post
              Not according to what you pm'd me in 2005.
              wifi TV did me good, a looooong time ago - defunct now!

Comment

wifi TV did me good, a looooong time ago - defunct now!
                Lol yeah!
                Originally posted by davbrucas
                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

• Any opinions on using Bitstamp to purchase these?

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                    Any opinions on using Bitstamp to purchase these?
                    Looks like yet another place to trade dollars for bitcoins. Just immediately move it over to a good exchange, or your desktop or a paper wallet. I'd never leave my coins on one of those places.
                    WH

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                      Any opinions on using Bitstamp to purchase these?
                      I sent verification docs in over 3 weeks ago and they still haven't verified my account... it's been so long I don't even remember what I was trying to buy in Bitstamp that I couldn't get elsewhere.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Kraken is doing something similar. I sent in some id, received email that said I was verified, but on the sit it still says processing.

It kinda fucked me a bit since xrp prices jumped a bit.

Comment

• The influx of users is overwhelming the networks. By definition, no blockchain network scales well, yet.

This will be fucking huge. I Token O is over but the business model is amazing. Decentralized AI. Listened to one of the founders on a pod cast. Holy shit.... think about AIs in concert, paying each other to help one another....

There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• Yeah the blockchain is awesome tech imo. I really like NEM. New Economy Movement. Its been in the top 10 on coinmarketcap since I've been paying attention. I'm not invested in it, but I still really like it and it looks top notch. Looks like their aim is to be the money that big corporations and businesses in general use to pay each other. A lofty goal but if they ever achieve it, who knows what the price per nem will be. 100's or thousands of dollars each. With crypto storming the world, they just might pull it off someday.
                            WH

Comment

• Pre-ICO happening now. Coinstarter, if anyone is interested. Looking into it myself. While I believe these guys are trying to a closing house, of sorts, for start ups, the ICO kicks off at 1300 central time today. Any/all ICO rules apply guys. Do your homework.

Comment

• Just gunna leave this here. Oh how I hope this ages poorly!

Jamie Dimon, CEO of JPMorgan Chase, says Blockchain tech is “real”, but cryptocurrency will eventually all be government-controlled.

Comment

Working...
                                X