No announcement yet.

Jegs continues to impress me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had better luck with Summit in the past but thats good to know for sure!
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
      I've had better luck with Summit in the past but thats good to know for sure!
      Ive used both. This is the second time jegs has helped out, the first was a part that was included in the picture, but didnt say specifically that it was or wasnt included, and they just dropped shipped one to me. The C/S rep said something like ' your right, it doesnt say it DOES come with it, but it doesnt say it DOESNT, and it's in the picture, so we're sending one'

I dont have any complaints about summit, in this case they were a few bucks higher than jegs and they charged extra for freight.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I've had good luck with both (Jegs and Summit) when i comes to timely shipping, decent prices, and haggle free returns. Though I like summit's site much better.

I also ordered some parts from cnc motorsport that neither of the big box places could match on price without any issue. One item was even custom Diamond pistons which were still cheap with a quick turnaround.I suppose that's besides the point though.
        1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Just red this today, am I late?

Comment

Yesterday, I unpackaged the suspension kit, and found that I was missing some hardware, and a bump steer kit. Called jegs, since it says on their site it was included:

Front Kit Includes:
            Tubular K-Member
            Choice of Engine Mounts
            Tubular Control A-Arms
            Caster/Camber Plates
            Bump-Steer Kit
            Universal Coil-Over Struts
            Choice of Spring Weight

according to the manufacturer, that's a mistake on Jeg's end, and they are not included. Jegs is sending me a set.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I ordered parts from Speedway motors and Summit on Wednesday. Both showed up today using the standard free shipping option.

Comment

Jegs is returning my tire durometer, no hassle
                Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

The only parts website I've ever had problems with has been rock auto. Their customer service policy is send it back so we can see if there was really a problem. Shipment never delivered? There's literally no refunds or reimbursement since they need to have am item returned to issue a refund

Amazon is one of the best for the common parts and they have a growing number of parts in prime shipping
                  Last edited by 4king; 02-26-2016, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
                    The only parts website I've ever had problems with has been rock auto. Their customer service policy is send it back so we can see if there was really a problem. Shipment never delivered? There's literally no refunds or reimbursement since they need to have am item returned to issue a refund

Amazon is one of the best for the common parts and they have a growing number of parts in prime shipping
                    Amazon pricing isn't the greatest. You have to hunt for deals on the site and then gamble on non prime suppliers. I can usually find better deals for the same parts outside Amazon.

For instance, I just ordered a full 460 gasket set from summit for 10 bucks less than Amazon. Got here in two days with free shipping. Would have to have a prime account to get free 2 day from Amazon making the price difference larger.

Amazon is good for some things just not auto parts.

Comment

I regularly use both Rock Auto & Amazon for parts without a single issue to date. The free shipping with prime is a factor to compare with. Moving more & more to Amazon.

I may look towards Jegs now also for stuff for the stang.

Comment

Wheel bearing hub assemblies are $159 for my truck at autoparts stores, $120 at rock auto, and $69 on amazon with prime. Considering none of them have more than 1 year warranties and I can view 60 positive reviews I'm taking amazon over any other sites.

I've noticed amazon is consistently cheaper than ebay as well in most cases

Comment

More love for Jegs/Summit
                          I just called Summit about a 3 yr old MOOG inner tie rod end that is starting to get loose, gave them my order number, they said we have another one on it's way for free, and they are sending ups to pick up the old one. A+++++++

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                            More love for Jegs/Summit
                            I just called Summit about a 3 yr old MOOG inner tie rod end that is starting to get loose, gave them my order number, they said we have another one on it's way for free, and they are sending ups to pick up the old one. A+++++++
                            Dang that's some good service!
                            Originally posted by Da Prez
                            Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                            Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

that's pretty impressive.

I did end up with Jegs spec'ing me the wrong bump steer kit, but since I was already in conversations with AJE, they just shipped the right stuff to me, and we bypassed jegs.

Comment

Jegs for that price match and no tax (haven't used them for returns).

Amazon for the free shipping, price sometimes, and ease of returns.

Summit is what I used to use a lot, and every return I had with them was super duper easy.

Rockauto is on my shit list. I've had one order that was missing some of the parts in it, but I had the other parts so no biggie. The last one was them listing the wrong part, but you gotta eat the shipping to return it and that wasn't cheap....
                                Last edited by blandnuts; 03-29-2016, 01:29 PM. Reason: I think Rockauto is stalking me, they sent me a coupon today....

Comment

Working...
                                X