We're building a house.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're building a house.

Interesting process, since I've never done it. Spent this weekend signing paperwork and choosing colors and styles. It's a beating.

Going to be on an acre in Venus, and will be having a shop built immediately. Im super stoked about that part.

6-7 months away.

Ours will be this design, garage door will be side entry, and we opted for austin stone around the entry.

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

bad ass

Congrats DJ

Comment

Choo Choo~!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by silverranger View Post
          bad ass

Congrats DJ
          Thank you sir

Originally posted by Big Dad View Post
          Choo Choo~!
          shit, I wish. We didnt do most of the "extras" that the builder offers cause we're cheap. The media room was cool, but not $16k cool. Same with the 8K 3rd garage bay, $5K covered porch option, etc. I'd rather spend that on the shop.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

What builder?
            Originally posted by Leah
            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
              What builder?
              Wall homes

Comment

Venus or "Venus"? I here the cops down there are pricks either way!
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                  Venus or "Venus"? I here the cops down there are pricks either way!
                  On cashew, off 501. Just outside your jurisdiction!

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                    Wall homes
                    I'm not familiar with them. If you guys have any questions, concerns, or need some advice on anything along the way, feel free to shoot me a message
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Cool!

In retrospect, I wish I had added the $11k 4th garage, the media room ($?), the $2.8k patio cover, and increased the width and depths on all garages, and waited to find somewhere where I could build a shop. Choices, choices...

Keep in mind that now those things are impossible or cost 2-4 times as much. Being "poor" sux.
                      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                      86 SVO - Sold
                      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Get the garage man, it will add at least that in property value. Even with a shop, you'll want/need the garage space.
                        Originally posted by stevo
                        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

The shop and 1 acre is definitely the real story here. I am completely fine with my current house, but give me another few hundred to a thousand square feet detached, with concrete floors, high ceilings and a large bay door!

Congrats man. And the side entrance garage is awesome too!

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                            Cool!

In retrospect, I wish I had added the $11k 4th garage, the media room ($?), the $2.8k patio cover, and increased the width and depths on all garages, and waited to find somewhere where I could build a shop. Choices, choices...

Keep in mind that now those things are impossible or cost 2-4 times as much. Being "poor" sux.
                            I didnt care about the media room, we have one now that we never use. The wife thought it would be a great idea, then when we saw the price, she changed her mind quick!

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                            Get the garage man, it will add at least that in property value. Even with a shop, you'll want/need the garage space.
                            I was in for a third bay and extended depth, but it was crazy expensive. I also didnt want to build the most expensive house on the street.
                            Originally posted by Chili View Post
                            The shop and 1 acre is definitely the real story here. I am completely fine with my current house, but give me another few hundred to a thousand square feet detached, with concrete floors, high ceilings and a large bay door!

Congrats man. And the side entrance garage is awesome too!
                            That's the part I wanted the most. It's right down the road from the shop (that I quit dec 31st)

Comment

I don't know if a garage adds value ..

when I sold my house in Texas ,I had a attached 2 car and a

30 x 30 unattached with 11 foot side walls , all finished and nice, had heat and air in it

was hard to sell and I only had one offer and it was a low one

realtor told me the shop added nothing for value

Comment

Working...
                              X