Formula 1: Drive to Survive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula 1: Drive to Survive

If any of you are F1 fans you have to go watch this. It's a 10 episode series that follows the 2018 season. Everything from Daniel Ricciardo deciding to leave Red Bull for Renault as Red Bull also left Renault for Honda as an engine supplier to the drama within Force India, shit about Williams' horrible performance in the past years (and Stroll leaving Williams to buy Force India), Alonso's retirement, and the battle between Haas and Renault. It's very well presented, with lots of behind the scenes stuff, and waaaaaaay too easy to binge watch.

Oh, and yet again seeing Kevin Magnussen (Haas) tell Nico Hulkenberg (Renault) to suck his balls was epic

It was also very obvious along the way that Mercedes and Ferrari were only passively shown, but it doesn't take away from the overall feel at all.

FWIW, they are filming a 2019 series and supposedly Mercedes and Ferrari are involved.

Alternate headline:
    Go watch "Williams" on Netflix first, then watch this. Then understand how mid-field F1 teams perform... then feel like shit for how Frank Williams' team has fallen over the decades

Last edited by Strychnine; 09-29-2019, 11:54 PM.

Agreed...this show was amazing. Despite how predictable and uneventful the past few seasons have been...the team that put this together made it extremely entertaining. It certainly helped F1 viewership this year (at least early before people realized it's really F1 and F1.5 running the same race)...and I would imagine the personal connection to drivers will continue to grow interest.

I cannot wait to see the next season with the Drama haas has dealt with. Both rich energy and driver battles.

Comment

Adding it to my queue.

Comment

I just got an email that COTA USGP tickets are almost sold out...

They need to send a huge thank you to Netflix for this. I have a few friends specifically going after seeing drive to survive.

Comment

Season 2 just came out. I'm starting episode 1 now... And they got Ferrari and Mercedes to be part of it

Edit:
          First two episodes focus heavily on Haas shortcomings / drama

Episode 3 is Sainz / Norris (McLaren) and some Ricciardo (Renault)

Episode 4 finally gets into Mercedes, Niki Lauda getting Hamilton to join the team,etc. Very cool to see the post-race team review and no matter how bad weather/conditions were, Hamilton raised his hand and said, "fuck, my fault, I'm sorry.,

Episode 7 finally gets into Ferrari, Vettel, etc

And I'm going to bed
          Last edited by Strychnine; 03-04-2020, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
            Season 2 just came out. I'm starting episode 1 now... And they got Ferrari and Mercedes to be part of it

Edit:
            First two episodes focus heavily on Haas shortcomings / drama

Episode 3 is Sainz / Norris (McLaren) and some Ricciardo (Renault)

Episode 4 finally gets into Mercedes, Niki Lauda getting Hamilton to join the team,etc. Very cool to see the post-race team review and no matter how bad weather/conditions were, Hamilton raised his hand and said, "fuck, my fault, I'm sorry.,

Episode 7 finally gets into Ferrari, Vettel, etc

And I'm going to bed
            Hope you've watched the rest before seeing this.

I was interested in two things. One being the driver swap at Red Bull. From the outside as a fan. You could tell that Gasly was struggling and wasn't delivering. I didn't know how much he was just struggling. Vestappen is winning races, yet Gasly can't get even close to a podium result. Had to make the swap with Alexander Albon.

Second was with Nico Hulkenberg. One who has the record for the most starts without a podium. Yet people forget that he was teammates with Sergio Perez from 2014-2016. Perez got 4 podiums finishes in the same car. Anyhoo, for him to have it in his hands at Germany. Then it to go away from a mistake on the track. I didn't know from Renault's perspective that it was the final nail in the coffin.

Also the part with Williams was hard to watch. Such a shame for a team with so much history to be running like that.
            Los Angeles Rams 11-5
            Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
            Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Working...
            X