get off your butt and build something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
    They didn't have a 1 piece floor pan for that ?

Comment

I just ordered a Holley Dominator EFI setup so I can do a better job with the tune and have traction control. Should be fun getting it installed and setup.
      01 red GT - 745whp/780wtq Whippled 4V and built 4R75W

Comment

Originally posted by Fastlane View Post
        I just ordered a Holley Dominator EFI setup so I can do a better job with the tune and have traction control. Should be fun getting it installed and setup.
        I've been looking into that for my dads 65. I've heard good and bad things.

Comment

Finally made some progress, The engine is in!
          When we had the pan off, we checked the cylinder walls and such, and this thing looks fantastic. The guy I bought it from called it a "fresh built motor", and judging by how dirty it was, I didn't believe him. But from what I see, it can't have many miles on it. all I have to do is Bolt it all back together, rebuild the carb, clean out the fuel tank, put an electric fuel pump on it, replace the tires, and run new rubber fuel lines. I have until May 8th.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
            I've been looking into that for my dads 65. I've heard good and bad things.
            I have some decent resources to pull from in case I run into any issues but it is going to be a learning process. I am also ditching my Quick 4 transmission controller and planning on running everything with the Holley setup. I am sure that I will have some hiccups along the way.
            01 red GT - 745whp/780wtq Whippled 4V and built 4R75W

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
              They didn't have a 1 piece floor pan for that ?
              They do but $1000 vs $300

Comment

I’m building every weekend. Goddamned Rangers!

+

=

Comment

Is Evaporust any good? I'm going to have to clean the fuel tank out and am not sure what to use.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                    Is Evaporust any good? I'm going to have to clean the fuel tank out and am not sure what to use.
                    I would recommend dropping the tank if you haven't done so already. I can't remember exactly what is used ( I want to say fresh gas) and I threw a piece of chain in the tank, and shook it around for several minutes, and drained it. Repeating as necessary. My tank wasn't rusty, just had very old fuel in it.

Comment

I’ve done that a few times with good luck.

Comment

I cant wait to get back to building (well at least for myself that is). I've only taken 2 days off this year.

Comment

Made a table to fit my kamado and put it on the side porch near the kitchen. Getting it level was fun since the porch is sloped for drainage. It’s also cut to fit the angled window. I still need to do some sanding but it is functional.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                            Made a table to fit my kamado and put it on the side porch near the kitchen. Getting it level was fun since the porch is sloped for drainage. It’s also cut to fit the angled window. I still need to do some sanding but it is functional.

That's almost as ugly as the shelf I built in my utility room a couple of weeks ago. Almost.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                              That's almost as ugly as the shelf I built in my utility room a couple of weeks ago. Almost.
                              LOL it was never intended to be pretty but its a lot stronger than the factory steel deathtrap that was cracking at the welds.

Comment

Working...
                              X