$11,567 to educate a student, again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
    Sorry little Timmy, your mommy and daddy do drugs so you cannot eat lunch here at school.

Yeah, that sounds nice.

Passing a drug test wouldnt be fair to the kids.

Although I understand why it would be a good idea to do, but I also see a downfall.

You're a kid that doesn't know shit, and no life experience to back it up.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

We should drug test for social security checks too, oh wait those people take prescription drugs which all know are fine...
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
        We should drug test for social security checks too, oh wait those people take prescription drugs which all know are fine...

In reality, how many that receive SS abuse prescription drugs? I'm not naieve enough to think that nobody does it, but I'd bet it's a very small percentage in comparison to crackheads on welfare.

I mean, you never really hear about Edna overdosing on Lipitor, though it is a funny thought. lol

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          In reality, how many that receive SS abuse prescription drugs? I'm not naieve enough to think that nobody does it, but I'd bet it's a very small percentage in comparison to crackheads on welfare.

I mean, you never really hear about Edna overdosing on Lipitor, though it is a funny thought. lol
          It probably is, I am just making the point that the drug testing thing is great to a certain point and beyond that point it becomes retarded.
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
            It probably is, I am just making the point that the drug testing thing is great to a certain point and beyond that point it becomes retarded.
            I still stand by it. I'm sick and fucking tired of forking over my hard earned money, for these fucks to sit around and get high, and pop out kids, and get paid to do so. Truth be told, I don't give a fuck about the kids either. It's not their fault they were born in to that situation, but it sure as hell isn't my fault either. They get no sympathy from me. My kid was born in to a shit situation, and I overcame it. This is still America. Where anyone can become anything, if you are determined and work hard. Something that isn't taught anymore. Work ethic, and personal responsibility. Keeping things like they are, only promotes more of the same from future generations. At what point is enough enough? "But oh, the poor kids!" Fuck the kids. Kids are resilient. Kids will survive. Some of them will become great because of their situation. And the rest will use it as an excuse. Just like their parents, and their parent's parents, etc.

Cutoff handouts to anyone that can't pass a drug test. Remove the kids from the home, so they aren't subjected to the cutoff of funding. Yes, this would create a backup at foster homes and the like, but at least the kids are out of the shitty situation, and aren't being subjected to the leech behavior. The abuse would stop, that's for sure. And the kids would still be taken care of. And a large majority of them would be a hell of a lot better off.

EDIT: I think that funding we're wasting on the abuse of welfare programs, would be better spent on building more foster homes, and investing a little in the education, skills, and future of these kids in these situations. Give them what they need to learn from what they've come from, and gone through.
            Last edited by bcoop; 02-01-2011, 08:27 AM.

Comment

funny how no one brings up worthless fucking daddy's who don't support their kids. forcing single moms onto welfare and their kids into free lunch. it is the #1 reason for it. you can string up the parents or what ever but to deny a child a meal shows lack of proper upbringing .

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                funny how no one brings up worthless fucking daddy's who don't support their kids. forcing single moms onto welfare and their kids into free lunch. it is the #1 reason for it. you can string up the parents or what ever but to deny a child a meal shows lack of proper upbringing .
                Just like I said, few will rise above, but most will use it as an excuse. And I don't have an ounce of sympathy for some whore with kids 7 kids by 9 different dads. It's an excuse. A crutch. A refusal to accept responsibility, and contribute something useful to society. I'm a single father. In 9 years, I haven't received a dime from my son's birth mother. I was a 20 year old convicted felon when he was born. While I do feel for the situation some are in, because I've lived it, the vast majority use that as an excuse rather than turning that in to determination.

Comment

Working...
                X