No announcement yet.

Floor speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sub came in and ran audessy. Much much improvement. Glad i,went with a sub before buying another reiciver. Thanks

Comment

To much bass. I need me some more treble. Looking at a center

Comment

Turn the bass down at the receiver, and/or on the sub if it's powered. Not saying you don't need better bids and highs, but there's no such thing as too much bass.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Bass....It's more of drowning out the treble
          Bass it's awesome. Walked In the house and the my chick had the sound up higher then I ever had it.

Comment

What Aaron said still applies, IMO. If you turn down the sub some on the box, you will be able to turn the master volume up higher, changing the balance of the highs and lows.

Do you not have a center now? If not I would get one.

Comment

I no center just front and sub.

Comment

You should still be able to balance the sound better, a center channel will simply change where the higher frequencies are coming from. You will still have "too much bass." Stereo mode shouldn't sound much different than out of a center channel, when configured properly, surround just gives better spatial clarity.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Im not running a center channel on my setup and its fine. Are your speakers set right in Audyessey? With a dedicated sub, the speakers should be set to small and you should have it set to run LFE, not LFE+mains. Also, your sub should be set to about 50% when you run Audyssey. The microphone will set the initial bass level which should be pretty good. I like bass heavy so I add more bass.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                    I got mine from 2 dudes in a van at the gas station. Their dumb ass boss ordered too many! I got a deal!
                    haha

Comment

BTW, I was suggesting the center channel just because it sounds better with one (IMO), not necessarily to do with the 'treble'. But maybe it's just because I'm used to it since we've been using the receiver / surround audio for so long now.

I also don't have floor speakers for the front, so that may make a big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                        BTW, I was suggesting the center channel just because it sounds better with one (IMO), not necessarily to do with the 'treble'. But maybe it's just because I'm used to it since we've been using the receiver / surround audio for so long now.

I also don't have floor speakers for the front, so that may make a big difference.
                        Some swear by a center channel some dont. I have been running a "phantom" center channel in which the audio is merged from 2 mains to make the center channel and it sounds good. I took my old center channel out when I built these speakers because they do fine without and the center channel would block the tv some. So I guess it all depends on the setup.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                          I got mine from 2 dudes in a van at the gas station. Their dumb ass boss ordered too many! I got a deal!
                          Ha!
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                          X