Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best? Drag strip for just having fun/testing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Yellow Belly posts?

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
      Ennis is pretty much your only option, and they barely have test and tune any more.
      Sad knowing most friday nights the staging lanes used to be full back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
        Ennis is bar far the best track around here and the only 1/4 track near DFW. DownHALLSVILLE is a good track, but I don't think its open anymore?
        Hallsville was pretty cool. you could run some fast times there due to the "downhill" nature of the last 300 ft of track...lol

There was a murder about 10 years ago out there...Been closed down ever since I believe

Comment

Cedar Creek is definitely the most laid back dragstrip and it has been one of my favorites since 1988

Comment

Originally posted by bobs94formula View Post
            Is this the one that was just built around Ferris off I45?
            That’s the one!

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
              Ennis is bar far the best track around here and the only 1/4 track near DFW. DownHALLSVILLE is a good track, but I don't think its open anymore?
              Hallsville is long closed down

I wish they had the stones to open up that 1/4 mile VMAX-style 4 lane wide dragstrip over near Texas Motor Speedway like they kept teasing for years.

Comment

Thunder Valley is two hours away and they run a regular test and tune. The track and crew are of very good quality as well.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Back in the days when I used to enjoy taking my car(s) to the track, it was normally Northstar Dragway in Denton. Saturday all night Test 'N Tune. All concrete track with a long shut down compared to most 1/8th tracks. Good parking and concessions. The main complaint has always been the inconsistency with the prep. One weekend will be great and you can go the following weekend and you feel like you wasted your time and money from near non-existent prep. I've seen that track go through a few ownership changes in my day. Seen a lot of horrible pro mod accidents, but that's everywhere. Overall, I would recommend it for simply going out for the sole purpose of just collecting a couple of time slips and grab a hot dog. Go with a group of friends and make a night of it. They've raised the prices a bit over the recent years. I don't ever remember paying $35 though. I haven't been out since I took my '03GT Vert out there and collected a 7.70 time-slip and went home because it was packed, DA was terrible, and track prep was less than ideal. That was 6 or 7 years ago. Never took my GTO to the track. Didn't want to pay to find out what I already know.
                  Last edited by LS1Goat; 07-20-2019, 05:32 PM.

Comment

i am not trying to set a hero sixty, but i plan on seeing what my mph in the quarter is when i get the chance.

ennis’ schedule is not too consistent, and to get kicked out once i halfway sort out my start will suck.

how strict is thunder valley?

Comment

have not been in a while but Abilene was always a fun track. mostly just bracket racing . easy to get in and out .

Comment

I would sort out the launch at a 1/8th mile track before going to Ennis, if you are worried about getting kicked out for going to fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                          Took mine out to Xtreme on a Saturday and had a good time. Was laid back and for a Saturday was not busy at all....
                          Been to Xtreme a few times to watch with my son. My fav track to watch a race now since Kennedale closed down.

Now to race....dunno. TNT cars seem to get to make many passes when its not a big race night. Race night they do pack in the different classes which is fun to watch.
                          Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                            I would sort out the launch at a 1/8th mile track before going to Ennis, if you are worried about getting kicked out for going to fast.
                            What is too fast these days?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              What is too fast these days?
                              Don't know, i would have to look it up. I would bet a lot of late model factory cars can get to that level with very few mods.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                                Don't know, i would have to look it up. I would bet a lot of late model factory cars can get to that level with very few mods.
                                I think if used to be 11.90 and quicker for a roll bar.

Comment

Working...
                                X