Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any issues selling to Carvana, CarGurus, etc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any issues selling to Carvana, CarGurus, etc?

Need to seek the wife's jeep and wondering if they do any weird last minute nonsense.
    Justin

Don't know about the online people, but Carmax did great for me these past few years. A quick inspection and they cut me a check for more than fair value.

Comment

I sold my '18 Explorer Sport to Carvana last year. It was probably the easiest car deal I have ever done. It was done all online, filled out all the info on their website including my lien holder (FoMoCo Credit). In a few days they showed up, looked over the vehicle, wrote down the milage and VIN, I signed the paperwork and they left. They put a lock box on the window with the keys and few hours later a tow truck showed up and took it away.

No haggling, no waiting for the salesperson to go talk to the manager, no let them hold on to your keys, no bullshit. I did see where the re-sold it for $3500. more than what they paid me, but hey that's business. If wanted the extra $3500. I would have had to list it and deal with morons.

My '21 Aviator I ordered came early and those thieves at Lincoln offered $5k less than Carvana for my Explorer. I didn't have to put anything down and I had to give Carvana a check for $1k to pay off the difference I owed and that was fine with me. Out of the three Carvana, Zoom and Carmax, Carvana offered the most.
      Last edited by Rick Modena; 05-12-2022, 02:02 PM.
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

as long as you know these people buy cars to make money. you'll lose a percentage but it's quick and done .

Comment

I sold my last mustang to carvana, super easy deal.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
            as long as you know these people buy cars to make money. you'll lose a percentage but it's quick and done .
            Carmax made about $1200 on my camaro and they lost their ass on my Mustang. They moved it all over the place, finally sold it for $2000 less than they gave me.

Comment

whats wrong with using facebook marketplace

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                people.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                  Fuck that place. I finally sold my FILs S-10 last Friday, but 63+ people inquired about it and only two people out of the 63 actually showed up and only one person bought it. I had to buy a burner phone (highly recommend doing this) and if you do go this route be prepared for all kinds of stupid offers and ignorant people. In the end it sold but it took almost three months and lots of dealing with morons.
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

marketplace was great at first . i sold a lot of old cars that way . but now it's overrun with toy cars and crackwhores . i've grown to hate diecast cars .

Comment

Johnny lightning

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                        Johnny lightning
                        Reggie strout

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                          Reggie strout
                          This is Reggie strout and I’d like to buy your car for 1/2 of your asking amount
                          "PSH!!!"

Comment

i can tell you one thing. prices are insane on used stuff especially trucks. an 8k dollar truck is selling at 11k .

Comment

I've had good luck with givemethevin.com or whatever it is.
                              Ford
                              GM
                              Toyota
                              VAG

Comment

Working...
                              X