$7.00 a gallon gas hits US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $7.00 a gallon gas hits US

Seems Obama and Chu's dream for Americans to be paying European gas prices is hitting the US

15 hrs ago

As the old song goes, "26 miles across the sea, Santa Catalina is a-waitin' for me..." but now so are $7 dollar gas prices. While much of the country is grousing about soaring fuel costs -- averaging just a few pennies under $4 a gallon nationwide -- the 3,700 residents of Catalina Island, off the coast of Long Beach, Calif., are experiencing acute pain at the pump. An attendant at one of the two stations that serves Catalina told CBS that a gallon of regular unleaded on Saturday hit $7.03. But don't cry for me, Catalina -- there's a limit on the number of cars that can be on the island, so many residents get by in their golf cart or on foot.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

It's no surprise that if you live on a damn island stuff is going to be expensive. Just look at the CoL in Hawaii.

Comment

I'm not crying for anyone on Catalina Island. The only people buying gas there are power boat guys, anyway. They can afford it.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

FUCK Kalifornia, they deserve everything they get.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
          FUCK Kalifornia, they deserve everything they get.
          I like ya Chris, but I can't believe what an asswipe you are about California.
          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
            He's right. It needs to fall the fuck off in to the ocean, with all it's residents on it.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

he feels the same way i do about NY
              Originally posted by Yale View Post
              I'm not crying for anyone on Catalina Island. The only people buying gas there are power boat guys, anyway. They can afford it.
              theyre probably not too worry about it.

Not trying to stir the pot or anything, i just want to know how this is the presidents fault.
              .....bro....

Comment

Thing is, that's the start. Remember Chu saying he wanted European gas prices here? Seems it's already got a foothold.

It's Obama's fault for his moratoriums and his appointments to the EPA are stopping pretty much the rest of the drillings that the moratoriums haven't.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                  Thing is, that's the start. Remember Chu saying he wanted European gas prices here? Seems it's already got a foothold.

It's Obama's fault for his moratoriums and his appointments to the EPA are stopping pretty much the rest of the drillings that the moratoriums haven't.
                  I don't see a causative link, just a coincidental one. Him saying he'd like to see European gas prices doesn't mean he'll actually be able to make that happen. They aren't pulling tax breaks for refiners, are they? That'd be a big indicator. Places like Catalina Island will always track higher than the national average. It just wasn't as dramatic when gas was $2 a gallon on the mainland, and $3.50 a gallon there.

Comment

Coincidental? Really? And you have Obama saying energy prices under his leadership would skyrocket. Also coincidental?

Comment

Basically it's like this. He used to be cool...
                      How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

What Danny? They reap what they sow. You have a bunch of liberals who elect a bunch of liberals and run it the fuck into the ground. It's a vicious cycle. I used to like that state, its a shame because its so beautiful but the people ruin it. I feel sorry for anyone there who has any ounce of self responsibility because the majority have fucked it away.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                          Coincidental? Really? And you have Obama saying energy prices under his leadership would skyrocket. Also coincidental?
                          That's a non-sequitor.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            He's right. It needs to fall the fuck off in to the ocean, with all it's residents on it.
                            Damned straight!
                            Originally posted by davbrucas
                            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                              Damned straight!
                              Present company excluded, of course! LOL!

Comment

Working...
                              X