Title issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Title issues

Got a buddy who inherited his grampa's 56 chevy truck. Problem is, it's an Alabama truck, and Alabama didn't and won't issue a title for it.

Any suggestions on what he can do title-wise here in Texas?

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
    "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Originally posted by asphaltjunkie View Post
    Got a buddy who inherited his grampa's 56 chevy truck. Problem is, it's an Alabama truck, and Alabama didn't and won't issue a title for it.

Any suggestions on what he can do title-wise here in Texas?

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
    You will need to go the bonded title route. Once done you will have a blue TX title free and clear.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
      You will need to go the bonded title route. Once done you will have a blue TX title free and clear.
      This. It's pretty much your only option.

Comment

You can use Broadway Title Company. I have never used them but quite a few have on other forums.

Comment

They cracked down on Broadway Title a few years ago. The vehicle has to be running/driving and in Alabama. You may see if they will issue a Letter of Title. That will get you a texas title.

Comment

Cars registered in Vermont that are older than 10 years old do not receive a title, they get registration only. Write yourself a bill of sale and title it in Vermont, they will allow out-of-state addresses to be titled in Vermont so long as you pay the sales tax. You can take the Vermont registration into the Texas title office and they will issue a title based off of it.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
            X