This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Lawn Thread!

Let’s make em great this year boys! Correct me if I’m wrong, but it’s time for pre emergent.

Sticky please!
    "PSH!!!"

Stuck this and unstuck the 2017 thread.. Here's the link for reference:

Any chance we can get a sticky? It seems we have random lawn threads pop up each year, how to treat this, when to do that. Lets combine them all into one thread. Post pictures of your lawns, post pictures of your problems, ultimately, it gives ZEMOG one place to look to help all of us fools out! My yard is starting to green

I was just thinking about this over the weekend..

Comment

I need guidance. Pre-emergent? When to seed?
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I used this in the past with good results. The times to put stuff down can vary some depending on the weather.

All tips right hand corner.

Last edited by blandnuts; 02-27-2018, 11:33 AM. Reason: Adding the link helps.

Comment

Its time for pre-emergent now.... if the yard was dry enough, I'd put some down.

Comment

I seem to recall where some people have sprayed grass killer on the grassy weeds that never died off this winter since the Bermuda is still dormant. Can anyone confirm this?

Comment

too late to spray with round up, grass has broken dormancy, whether you see it or not, it has. Celcius is an excellent weed killer (grassy and broadleaf) that is safe on Bermuda and st Augustine, spray once now then again in 21 days . available at any of your major commercial fertilizer dealers, JDL, ewing, harrells, bwi etc..

Comment

dang it... but thanks for the info. I'll have to pick some up quick.

Comment

Originally posted by zemog View Post
                  too late to spray with round up, grass has broken dormancy, whether you see it or not, it has. Celcius is an excellent weed killer (grassy and broadleaf) that is safe on Bermuda and st Augustine, spray once now then again in 21 days . available at any of your major commercial fertilizer dealers, JDL, ewing, harrells, bwi etc..
                  when should Bermuda seed be spread?
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                    when should Bermuda seed be spread?
                    When day time temps are 85* or higher. Tip: it helps to dethatch prior to over seeding and then lightly cover new seed with top soil. Water water water.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                      I need guidance. Pre-emergent? When to seed?
                      I had really good results from Balans last year. Usually found at the feed stores outside of town.

Comment

Originally posted by SBFORDTECH View Post
                        I had really good results from Balans last year. Usually found at the feed stores outside of town.
                        I have got to do this today. Damn rain, my granite area looks like a weed sanctuary.
                        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                          I have got to do this today. Damn rain, my granite area looks like a weed sanctuary.
                          I didn't get mine done while I was home due to rain and ice . I plan on getting it done when I get home next week and hope it's not too late. I have a contingency in place if I don't get the preemergent down soon enough. (2.5gal of MSMA).

Comment

I got two bags of Dimension down today. A little late but better late than never.

Comment

I got my second round down today.
                              "PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X