Get ready for them $3.00 gas prices!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
    Fuel has been dropping around here hell I got fuel at QT in Weatherford for 2.38 Sunday and last week it was around 2.5x
    It's on its way back up at local stations. I noticed QT's jumped to $2.69/reg yesterday, but Racetrac hadn't yet...which is weird as they are almost synchronous.

But just got an alert through GasBuddy and sure enough all major stations are at $2.69

Filled up for $2.42 yesterday and wife filled the MDX (premium fuel FTL) a couple days ago.

Comment

LMAO at the majority of you buying fuel slut trucks when the only thing you haul in the back is a gallon of milk.

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
        LMAO at the majority of you buying fuel slut trucks when the only thing you haul in the back is a gallon of milk.
        Who would that be?

Did you just make up that scenario?

Comment

I've got a Ford Fusion baby, baby.

Comment

Now that there's funny no matter who you are

Comment

lol I commute in a craptastic 2004 Cavalier, 50 miles a day, and it's about to crest 190,000 miles. The truck stays parked at home unless I need to tow/haul something.

34 mpg...prices ain't got nothing on me!

Comment

Spoken like a true brodozer faggot.

Comment

Well, I'm expected to spend just over $760/mo in gas. I'm still logging it in Fuel Buddy so we'll see what a full month comes to. As of this month, I'm saving $200/mo in tolls by avoiding them on my work commute.

While I can't take out any credit for another year or so, I'm really torn between getting an all electric vehicle when the time comes or just sucking it up.

So just as I suspected, an all electric vehicle would practically pay for itself given the miles I drive per day. A hybrid would save money too but if I'm going to have a payment, why not lose the fuel bill entirely?

Comment

If I had to buy a gas efficient vehicle for a long commute, the newer Honda Accord or Civic would be on my list, they get upwards of 40+ mpgs and the Accord isn't hideous...
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                      Who would that be?

Did you just make up that scenario?
                      Its pretty common and well known. They need those trucks, dammit. Its who they are. Its party of their identity, they've always had a truck! Their dad had a truck.
                      WH

Comment

• Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                        Well, I'm expected to spend just over $760/mo in gas. I'm still logging it in Fuel Buddy so we'll see what a full month comes to. As of this month, I'm saving $200/mo in tolls by avoiding them on my work commute.

While I can't take out any credit for another year or so, I'm really torn between getting an all electric vehicle when the time comes or just sucking it up.

So just as I suspected, an all electric vehicle would practically pay for itself given the miles I drive per day. A hybrid would save money too but if I'm going to have a payment, why not lose the fuel bill entirely?
                        would buying new batteries every 6-10 years at $5k -$6k plus the initial cost be worth saving a little on fuel costs?

Comment

• Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                          would buying new batteries every 6-10 years at $5k -$6k plus the initial cost be worth saving a little on fuel costs?
                          $2k.
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                            Its pretty common and well known. They need those trucks, dammit. Its who they are. Its party of their identity, they've always had a truck! Their dad had a truck.
                            Who is They?

He literally was directing it at the people in this thread. So again...which of us truck owners dont pull trailers, haul equipment...etc?

He fabricatiled a scenario to make himself feel good and that's what I'm calling out. Sure concrete cowboys exist but I doubt that's what the majority of this thread is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                              $2k.
                              I just did a Google search and that was the first thing that came up. I then seen a chevrolet volt figuring that would be a cheap starter electric car and clicked on that and holy shit.
                              Chevrolet Volt Replacement Batteries Could Cost Anywhere From $3,400 To $34,000 To Replace. GM Authority.

Comment

• Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                                I just did a Google search and that was the first thing that came up. I then seen a chevrolet volt figuring that would be a cheap starter electric car and clicked on that and holy shit.
                                Chevrolet Volt Replacement Batteries Could Cost Anywhere From $3,400 To $34,000 To Replace. GM Authority.
                                while true, there are reman and more and more new options that arent from the dealership. I have a customer in Austin that makes a good living buying hybrid cars from the auction that have battery codes, and putting in a used or new battery and selling them.
                                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                                X