Anyone read through H.R.5087?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone read through H.R.5087?

Some interesting verbage and restrictions in this one.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...ouse-bill/5087

Can I get the tldr of the tldr?

Comment

I love how it doesn't apply to retired police officers.
      Originally posted by Marisa
      we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Shown Here:
        Introduced in House (02/26/2018)
        Assault Weapons Ban of 2018

This bill amends the federal criminal code to make it a crime to knowingly import, sell, manufacture, transfer, or possess a semiautomatic assault weapon (SAW) or large capacity ammunition feeding device (LCAFD).

The prohibition does not apply to a firearm that is: (1) manually operated by bolt, pump, lever, or slide action; (2) permanently inoperable; (3) an antique; or (4) a rifle or shotgun specifically identified by make and model.

Additionally, the bill does not prohibit, with respect to a SAW or LCAFD:

importation, sale, manufacture, transfer, or possession related to certain law enforcement efforts, or authorized tests or experiments;
        importation, sale, transfer, or possession related to securing nuclear materials; and
        possession by a retired law enforcement officer.
        The bill permits continued possession, sale, or transfer of a grandfathered SAW, which must be securely stored. A licensed gun dealer must conduct a background check prior to the sale or transfer of a grandfathered SAW between private parties.

The bill permits continued possession of, but prohibits sale or transfer of, a grandfathered LCAFD.

Newly manufactured LCAFDs must display serial number identification. Newly manufactured SAWs and LCAFDs must display the date of manufacture.

The legislation amends the NICS Improvement Amendments Act of 2007 to require law enforcement agencies to be notified when a prohibited person attempts to purchase a grandfathered SAW.

It also amends the Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968 to allow a state or local government to use Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant Program funds to compensate individuals who surrender a SAW or LCAFD under a buy-back program.
        Originally posted by stevo
        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Not one republican is a co-sponsor. (shocker)
          Originally posted by stevo
          Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

It'll be shot down.
            WH

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
              I love how it doesn't apply to retired police officers.
              I’m reminded of the quote from Animal Farm:

“All animals are created equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”

Comment

Pay attention fellas. When the Democrats get back into power, this is what is next.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                  Pay attention fellas. When the Democrats get back into power, this is what is next.
                  Someone gets it. This is a huge threat to the 2nd and freedom.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                    Exactly why I buy as much and as often as I can. I don't own anything that wouldn't be in trouble on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                      Exactly why I buy as much and as often as I can. I don't own anything that wouldn't be in trouble on that list.
                      I need to get back to buying lowers it looks like...
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                        I need to get back to buying lowers it looks like...
                        Why? You wouldn't be able to sell them if that passed
                        Originally posted by Marisa
                        we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

"The bill permits continued possession, sale, or transfer of a grandfathered SAW, which must be securely stored. A licensed gun dealer must conduct a background check prior to the sale or transfer of a grandfathered SAW between private parties."

But again, this will never pass. If it does, the 2nd Civil War will be the result.

Comment

Same shit, different day.

This sort of thing is why I've been pack ratting magazines for nearly 25 years and advise other people to do the same.

Whenever I find a sale on magazines that is a really really good deal I will usually by 50 or a hundred at a time. The Trump slump has seriously increased my magazine inventory.
                            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

It would be the run up until that thing passed that would be worth having lowers if the Dems were in charge. I mean nothing passed last time and you saw the shortages. I mean fucking 22lr of all things.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                              X