What’s the longest time you’ve owned a vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What’s the longest time you’ve owned a vehicle

At risk of being flamed for talking about cars on here... what’s the longest you’ve ever owned a vehicle?

I bought this one in 1998 when I was 21 and still have it:

Bought this one in 2006 from a guy in Denver, CO and still have it:

Bought my 66' coupe in 2005, restored it over 3 years and still have it today.

It's going back under the knife this year/next year. New paint, wheels, interior, fixing a bunch of small broken things that I've let slip for the past 15 years.

Comment

I got my Buick in 2005. I've had my Ranger since like 2011.

Comment

I got my Cougar in August 1995.

Comment

I've got my first fox coupe I bought in 2000 1989 ssp car.

I've got four cars I plan to never sell currently. 87/89/91 coupes and my 93 cobra.

Comment

What’s the longest time you’ve owned a vehicle

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
            I've got four cars I plan to never sell currently. 87/89/91 coupes and my 93 cobra.

That's my problem. I buy vehicles and never intend to sell them. My want list would easily add 5 vehicles to the list if I had the funds and somewhere to keep them. And time to build them.

The current daily was special ordered in 2011 and I've done more work to it than any other vehicle I've owned. it's got a built motor and big twin turbo kit sitting in the wings waiting on my play money funds to recuperate so I can finish the build/motor install.

I want to add a 'work truck' to the stable - something like an older ugly F250 4x4 that I don't have to worry about scratching. But that's another vehicle to maintain and insure...

Comment

My 2003 Tahoe we bought in 06 and still have it, and my 1992 Mustang I got in 2012 and still have it, along with my 03 ZX-636 in 2011 and 04 ZX-10R in 2012.
              Originally posted by stevo
              Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Bought my 06 crew cab Silverado new and still have it.

Comment

I bought a new 2001 Ranger in 2001, sold it Nov. 2018. So 17 years

Comment

My 2010 ZR1. Got it new back in December 2010 and still have it. It makes me smile still after all this years every time I hit the happy pedal and bang it through the gears.
                    Ford
                    GM
                    Toyota
                    VAG

Comment

7 years

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                        That's my problem. I buy vehicles and never intend to sell them.

I want to add a 'work truck' to the stable - something like an older ugly F250 4x4 that I don't have to worry about scratching. But that's another vehicle to maintain and insure...

Super clean truck!

My truck problem is worse than my car one.

Insurance/maintenance does suck. One of my employees told me I need to open a battery and tire store with as many as we go thru.

Comment

I bought my 96 Z-71 in 2010. I figured out I really didn't need a 3/4 ton diesel for a 4 wheeler and trips to Lowes.

Comment

I had one make it 4.5 years. Next runner up is 3 years. Then a bunch between 1-2 years, and a bunch less than a year. I've had about 30 at this point, so roughy more than one a year since I got my license at 16. I like too many cars. I can find something likable about nearly any vehicle that had some effort put into it. At this point the only cure would be for me to own 4ish cars at a time, with one constantly rotating out into something different, and I'm just no longer interested in putting up with all the baggage that comes from maintaining that many lifestyle accessories.

Comment

Bought a new 1964 Falcon with a 260 V8 and factory four speed. White 2 door Futura hard top. I still have it.

Comment

Working...
                              X