New TV issues Google cast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
    You should be able to set it on Wifi, or maybe even get a wifi router to plug an Ethernet cable into it.

Also, you should be able to change the source, maybe it stays after it is powered off to the one selected?

Page 59:
    http://tvna.compal-toshiba.com/us/wp...N_Final_lr.pdf
    page 55 reset tv

page 40 ignore

Comment

I have been doing research on Stick PC's as media devices. Comcast charges out the wazoo for secondary boxes but you can access live tv and your dvr online for free if you are already a member. They do not have a functional app on roku or firestick yet either.

So i bought one of these to try.

With full support for Android apps from Google Play, ASUS Chromebox series gives you the ability to run your favorite mobile apps with the power of a mini PC.

....and my gosh I love it! It has mostly good reviews, some people say it is jumpy but i bet that is internet connection based for them. It is a mini computer runs off a very slimmed Chrome OS. I got on netflix, Amazon Video, and Comcast website and streamed all flawlessly so far(only had it a week). I do not multitask or have anything else open though, one web page that I am viewing and that is all! I was going to try this and if this did not work was going to try the ASUS mini box pc to hide behind the TV because it has expandable ram.

It is a mini computer not as powerful as your desktop obviously, so do not expect instant webpage loads etc..but it works perfectly for our upstairs living room so far.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
        Have you tried hitting it?

Why do mexican always wanna hit things? More so when they are drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
          Why do mexican always wanna hit things? More so when they are drunk.
          I've fixed more electronics by hitting them than any other method. You just need one good whack with an actrite stick.

Comment

I guess I am going to have to deal with it. I tried to set it up like the instructions but it requires a wifi router connection, and won't let me continue with out connecting to one. What a pos TV and damn software design

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
              I guess I am going to have to deal with it. I tried to set it up like the instructions but it requires a wifi router connection, and won't let me continue with out connecting to one. What a pos TV and damn software design
              page 55 reset tv

page 40 ignore

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                page 55 reset tv

page 40 ignore
                Requires you to connect it to a router before it lets you go any farther. Already tried...

Comment

Can you not just get a router and return it?

Comment

Have you tried this?

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                      Can you not just get a router and return it?
                      Not sure if it needs to be connected at all times or not.

Comment

Turn your phone into a hot spot, then connect the TV to that.

Comment

Working...
                        X