Best small gun for CCW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
    380 and 9mm use the same bullet but 9mm pushes the bullets much faster - better expansion and adequate penetration.
    I know they make +p for the 380. I had read somewhere about Corbon having good expansion but cant remember where.

I do use Speer and Hornaday.

I just picked up a SCCY cpx-2 to throw in the car. I have not shot it yet so I dont know what to expect.

I just want cheap gun that goes bang in the car in case it gets stolen.

Comment

Originally posted by txstangnut View Post
      I know they make +p for the 380. I had read somewhere about Corbon having good expansion but cant remember where.

I do use Speer and Hornaday.

I just picked up a SCCY cpx-2 to throw in the car. I have not shot it yet so I dont know what to expect.

I just want cheap gun that goes bang in the car in case it gets stolen.
      So I just want to ask because I hear it so much in the news here in Albuquerque....are you saying you want a CPX-2 that you can leave in the car at all times...even when you are away from the car? I hope that is NOT what you are saying. More guns are stolen from parked cars in New Mexico than are stolen from home break-ins...and the police here BEG people to not leave a gun in a parked car...but yet you hear about it almost daily on the news...and then later that stolen gun is used in a crime. In my opinion that is irresponsible gun ownership. The ONLY time I will not carry my gun is if I KNOW I'm going somewhere that has metal detectors at the door. I don't want my handgun to end up being a murder weapon because I was dumb enough to leave it where the chance is very high that it will be stolen.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
        I'd agree with that. However, human error will always be present.
        Your point is to point out the obvious? I would guess one easy solution is for those who don't like a trigger safety to stay away from those types of handguns?

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
          So I just want to ask because I hear it so much in the news here in Albuquerque....are you saying you want a CPX-2 that you can leave in the car at all times...even when you are away from the car? I hope that is NOT what you are saying. More guns are stolen from parked cars in New Mexico than are stolen from home break-ins...and the police here BEG people to not leave a gun in a parked car...but yet you hear about it almost daily on the news...and then later that stolen gun is used in a crime. In my opinion that is irresponsible gun ownership. The ONLY time I will not carry my gun is if I KNOW I'm going somewhere that has metal detectors at the door. I don't want my handgun to end up being a murder weapon because I was dumb enough to leave it where the chance is very high that it will be stolen.
          I usually try to take it with me but that is not always the case. I do always take it in at night. I agree with what you are saying.

Comment

I usually try to take it with me but that is not always the case. I do always take it in at night. I agree with what you are saying.
            You realize you are planning for a gun being stolen right? You could always get a console vault.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I have one.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Comment

I have one.

I just need to get one for the truck

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                  You realize you are planning for a gun being stolen right? You could always get a console vault.
                  I need to look into this. I don't carry if there is a place I need to go where guns are not allowed. I can't in good conscience keep one in a car unattended.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                    I need to look into this. I don't carry if there is a place I need to go where guns are not allowed. I can't in good conscience keep one in a car unattended.
                    They're $300 but they're built like a tank.

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrJMQupYxaw

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

All negligent discharges.
                      I have a siderlock trigger on my Glock 43 for this exact reason.

Not for everyone, and you have to train with it, but it makes me feel better about carrying it.

Comment

• Is there a price point? Because I have a Colt New Agent .45 that I love, but it's on the higher end as far as price.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                          Smith and Wesson has a $75 rebate going on with their M&P Shield until June 30th. Under $300 after rebate for a decent carry gun.
                          I snagged a used shield for cheap the other day and liked it a lot. Shot perfect first time I took it out.

Comment

• I feel like the Springfield XD with the Gear Up promo is the best deal going for a quality carry piece. Polished internals, fiber optic front sights, you end up with 6 mags (two 6 rnd and four 7 rnd), a 2 mag holster, and an OWB holster. I got an XD9 a few months ago and it carries and shoots nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
                              I feel like the Springfield XD with the Gear Up promo is the best deal going for a quality carry piece. Polished internals, fiber optic front sights, you end up with 6 mags (two 6 rnd and four 7 rnd), a 2 mag holster, and an OWB holster. I got an XD9 a few months ago and it carries and shoots nice.
                              "Polished internals" doesn't mean a ton when it comes to modern tupperware. Most of them have 30ish parts total, including the magazine parts. The trigger is a transfer bar that moves a shelf and lets the striker fall. They're not complicated DA/SA stuff with a ton of parts that have to have a silky smooth interface with each other.

Comment

• The M&Ps, and several other S&Ws are $75 off and have the $75 rebate at Cabelas. $150 off, even though you have to wait a few weeks for the rebate is pretty nice. The Performance Center seems pretty nice, but have not shot it yet.
                                sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                                17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                                13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                                86 SVO - Sold
                                '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                                01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                                65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Working...
                                X