Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
    I don't do as well just fucking around on my own, so I got back in Crossfit a couple months ago after a 4 yr hiatus.

Some of my recent lifts:
    Squat - 5 @ 355
    Bench - 3 @ 300
    Deadlift - 3 @ 405
    Strict press - 5 @ 175
    Been working on more barbell complexes in the past months also - e.g. squat clean, hang squat clean, power clean, OH press (one movement) @ 185

Also, I do better when I'm working to a goal, so there are three at the moment.
    1.) get my clean up to at least 250 by end of year (form issue, not strength)
    2.) working on bar muscle ups at the moment, with a goal of getting ring MUs by Christmas
    3.) the "one ton challenge." It's a combo of oly lifting and powerlifting. Basically get your snatch, clean, jerk, back squat, bench, and deadlift total to add up to 2000 lbs. I'm probably 300 lbs short lol

Also means it's time for my fatass to trim up

Oh, and I'm officially getting old. 10 years ago I had a menisciotomy on my right knee, and in the past couple years it's started being a pain in the ass again. Official diagnosis without MRIs and things I don't care to do at the moment - early onset arthritis at 35 yrs old

Try a lacrosse ball.
    You've gotten through the denail stage and into old man acceptance...now its time to get to the old man workout stage and drop all the high stress exercises. I've had to change my workouts quite a bit and focus on other goals. Theres just no reason to risk injuries and set backs with heavy weight anymore. I finally realized that All I really care about are being able to play sports with my son, looking good enough, and being athletic enough to defend myself against the average joe.

Try and set a body fat goal, or a competitive goal for an exercise that requires cardio. I would imagine biking or swimming are key options because of the knee issues.

You gotta make this body work for another 30+ years before you can default to a hover round!

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
      Let's not forget the wooden dumbbell rack, and shut the fuck up already Smegma/Stanley. You dont go to the gym because you are a lazy slob, absolutely nobody that's been on this site for more than 5 minutes thinks otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
      DAMN...straight for the jugular.

Comment

• I’m still giving it hell. I’m currently 238 and moving decent weight. Squats are in the 405# range, flat bench working sets are 315# took deads out of my routine and slowly adding rack pulls back in. Been working on shoulder size and bringing up delts. Pretty much stopped cardio, due to time constraints, but maintaining pretty well. Been dealing with elbow pain again, so been using sleeves to help it out. Still just a skinny fat mess lol.
        2019 ram 4x4.....no toys currently

Comment

• Originally posted by R1psycho View Post
          Still just a skinny fat mess lol.
          I consider myself a functional fatty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            You've gotten through the denail stage and into old man acceptance...now its time to get to the old man workout stage and drop all the high stress exercises. Theres just no reason to risk injuries and set backs with heavy weight anymore. I finally realized that All I really care about are being able to play sports with my son, looking good enough, and being athletic enough to defend myself against the average joe.
            Nah, fuck that. I'm stronger now than I was 5 years ago. Without getting too existential (and I promise I'm not a "Crossfit bro" but the shit is awesome), I'm only in this for myself. I generally know my limits, we (wife and I) have some badass coaches now (one competed in the Crossfit Games a couple years ago, one made the cut and competed this year, another just took a coaching job at Reebok's "Crossfit One" in Boston) so we're in good hands, and we don't have kids so if I wear out my body along the way it's only going to affect me

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            You gotta make this body work for another 30+ years before you can default to a hover round!
            Funny you mention that, when my ortho put up that xray and we talked about it he said, "Don't be one of those people who take the stairs just to burn calories. Stairs are dumb, we all know there are a ton of better ways to do extra work, and your knee just doesn't need that shit. You have my permission to always take the elevator."
            I immediately told my wife we're getting one of these:

I'm banned from running (impact in general) which is fine because I much prefer my Concept 2 rower, but he said that as long as the lifting doesn't cause pain then I can do whatever I want to do. Picked up some new Rehband sleeves, and started taking Cosamin ASU (per ortho rec) and it's actually better now than it was 6 months ago.
            Last edited by Strychnine; 08-21-2019, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
              Let's not forget the wooden dumbbell rack, and shut the fuck up already Smegma/Stanley. You dont go to the gym because you are a lazy slob, absolutely nobody that's been on this site for more than 5 minutes thinks otherwise.
              rofl! Given your strange obsession with that, I'll go ahead and assume you tried the whole home gym thing and failed. Since you talk about it as though somehow butthurt every time I mention it as an option. Its ok if you don't have what it takes, its not for everyone. My "gym" allows for me to lift every day. We both know you don't. Lastly there's no way you know me, you've never met me, and you never will. You're just another keyboard cowboy who wouldn't dare say any of this in real life. You're an idiot, plain and simple.
              WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                rofl! Given your strange obsession with that, I'll go ahead and assume you tried the whole home gym thing and failed. Since you talk about it as though somehow butthurt every time I mention it as an option. Its ok if you don't have what it takes, its not for everyone. My "gym" allows for me to lift every day. We both know you don't. Lastly there's no way you know me, you've never met me, and you never will. You're just another keyboard cowboy who wouldn't dare say any of this in real life. You're an idiot, plain and simple.
                Uhhhhhhh.... dude... I get that you're not an 'old schooler' around here so you don't actually know anyone, and you get picked on all the time, but you shouldn't run your mouth about shit you don't know.

Any lift, any workout, any day of the week I'd have $100 on Aaron over you.

Comment

Lol Aaron is one of the few members on here I've met in person and he knows his way around the gym as good or better than anyone else on this forum.

Comment

Nah, fuck that. I'm stronger now than I was 5 years ago. Without getting too existential (and I promise I'm not a "Crossfit bro" but the shit is awesome), I'm only in this for myself. I generally know my limits, we (wife and I) have some badass coaches now (one competed in the Crossfit Games a couple years ago, one made the cut and competed this year, another just took a coaching job at Reebok's "Crossfit One" in Boston) so we're in good hands, and we don't have kids so if I wear out my body along the way it's only going to affect me

Funny you mention that, when my ortho put up that xray and we talked about it he said, "Don't be one of those people who take the stairs just to burn calories. Stairs are dumb, we all know there are a ton of better ways to do extra work, and your knee just doesn't need that shit. You have my permission to always take the elevator."
                    I immediately told my wife we're getting one of these:

I'm banned from running (impact in general) which is fine because I much prefer my Concept 2 rower, but he said that as long as the lifting doesn't cause pain then I can do whatever I want to do. Picked up some new Rehband sleeves, and started taking Cosamin ASU (per ortho rec) and it's actually better now than it was 6 months ago.
                    Fair enough! As long as you own it then it's all gonna work out. I cant recover like I used to and maybe the kid plays a bigger role than I was thinking. But the good news is I've retained mass on a lower weight higher rep program over the past year.

Boxing has helped my cardio so I dont rely only on running, but it wears on other areas. There just isnt anything easy any more now that I think of it.

Comment

We both know you don't.
                      I have it on good authority to know you are wrong. The idiot even sometimes goes to the gym on weekends!
                      Shut the fuck up, Smegma and take your meds.

Comment

Uhhhhhhh.... dude... I get that you're not an 'old schooler' around here so you don't actually know anyone, and you get picked on all the time, but you shouldn't run your mouth about shit you don't know.

Any lift, any workout, any day of the week I'd have $100 on Aaron over you.
                        I know, I know, most of you guys know each other and stick up for each other for some reason. Pretty sure this "aaron" can fight his own battles. And there's no telling what your little imaginations come up with when you try in vain to come up with who exactly must be typing this.

I'm certain the irony is lost on you: "run your mouth about shit you don't know" lol. None of you know me, likely never will, and yet you still go ahead and say something like that. I'm not sure what kind of idiot would place a bet like that sight unseen, but hell. Look where we are. Its typical. I get that you're sticking up for your boy but again, he can take care of himself. He doesn't need your help.
                        WH

Comment

• Let's get one thing straight here...nobody on the history of this forum has ever stood up for me (well deserved I'll admit). But most of us have been around long enough to know everyone's "domain" and strengths. That's actually a big part of why I stay here...there are enough skilled people over diverse topics to get very good input.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                            Let's get one thing straight here...nobody on the history of this forum has ever stood up for me (well deserved I'll admit). But most of us have been around long enough to know everyone's "domain" and strengths. That's actually a big part of why I stay here...there are enough skilled people over diverse topics to get very good input.
                            Oh get out of here. I’ve seen several of the gays stick up for you. Don’t sell yourself or your beard short.
                            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                            dont downshift!!
                            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Incidentally I'm typing this from the 24Hour fitness at 635 and GB, where can be found at 6:30am most weekday mornings, and every Saturday I can be found at the 24Hour in Frisco. Far from a keyboard warrior, I am absolutely the same person "irl," and have a low tolerance for bullshit.

Nobody will ever meet you Cybil, because you are nothing more than a compulsively lying troll, as has been proven again and again, year in year out. Nobody buys it, so I'll say again, shut the fuck up already.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

• god damn, captain saveagym laying it down!
                                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                                X