Dark Tower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Tower

Save your money. Not worth the price I admission. I enjoyed the books but the movie sucked. I know it's hard to make a movie as good as the book, but this one definitely didn't come close.

In a world full of superheroes, there’s only one Gunslinger. From the epic best-selling novels by Stephen King comes #DarkTowerMovieIn Theaters August 4.Subs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oh, and I think Josh Brolin should have played Roland. He fits the image I have of the gunslinger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I was a little concerned when the marketing for the movies was way more muted than what was expected.

I hear that there were a few convoluted production deals where either Studio A, Studio B, or Stephen King himself could veto anything they didnt like. Seemed like a mess.

Comment

Never read the book but didn't care for the movie.
        2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
          Never read the book but didn't care for the movie.

For that movie to be right, it would be all Lord of the Rings-esque. I don't know why they bothered. Not the scenery and all, but a long movie with lots of traveling and grimdark themed. Plus according to King, Roland is supposed to look like Clint Eastwood.
          WH

Comment

I read and enjoyed the first book. Lost interest about 1/4 into the 2nd book.

Comment

Why the fuck does mfer have all his goddamn fingers
              Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
              It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

It was def not as good as I hoped but the entertainment value was there. Cool shooting scene and such. Definitely worth a red box or dinner and beer at a tavern. Don't go into it looking for a sweet plot and award winning acting, just a fun short watch.

Comment

It was alright.

We go to the movies at the Cinemark in Allen on Tuesdays for $5.50 per. Most times I get my monies worth, other times not so much...
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                  X