Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

upgrading speakers in 07 Sierra Ext Cab...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrading speakers in 07 Sierra Ext Cab...

I'm finally going to upgrade my stereo in the truck. When I bought it, it had already lost both rear door speakers and the passenger door speaker comes and goes.

I'm going to start with the rear doors, what does everyone think about these? From what I'm finding on the interweb, the front doors are the same size.

or

I've heard good things about Focal but these are 5 1/4"... I don't know how much more performance I could get from a 6 1/2". I'm not expecting deep bass from door speakers but I'd like to get the most with a budget of $100 per pair. The head unit will be upgraded last and I don't plan on adding an amp. I might, MIGHT, install something like the Infinity BassLink but that would be down the road.

I'd rather have the focal over the JL stuff.

Comment

Well, my Rockford Fosgate speaker upgrade had a good run but it seems they're starting to go out now. Installed these about 4 years ago on the stock head unit.
      https://www.crutchfield.com/p_575P16...65.html?tp=105

I upgraded my head unit with a Kenwood DMX7704s about a month ago and immediately noticed the rear speakers rattling...like literally the next day. So I'm curious if I blew them with the stock head unit and all the distortion or if I blew them the night I got it all hooked up and was "testing the sound limits". Also sounds like the sound level on the fronts are starting to cut in and out like stockers. So what would be considered a good upgrade for a head unit putting out 50 watts x 4? Focal still all the rage?
      Last edited by GeorgeG.; 11-02-2018, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Focal and JL both make really good stuff. I've run all kinds of JL speakers, and have been pleased with whatever I've had for the price. What I mean by that is that the cheap/entry level JL speakers I've used were better than I expected for the price point, and the high-end/flagship stuff has been worth every penny.

JL has the C1-650 set for $119. You can almost surely get them cheaper somewhere (try EW at Autosound in Bedford). If that was my budget, I wouldn't hesitate to go with those. Like I said, I know Focal makes great stuff, too, but I just don't have first-hand experience with it.

Hopefully your head unit has a high-pass filter. I wouldn't send anything under 80 hz to a pair of budget door speakers, especially if you like to crank it up ever.

Comment

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
          I'd rather have the focal over the JL stuff.
          Agreed, I had focal door speakers in my car a few years ago and it was by far the best sound quality I had ever heard
          "PSH!!!"

Comment

Another vote for Focal. They offer a well-balanced sound.

Comment

Working...
            X