Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
    11-12 hours a day in an oven for a shop
    I did this for 31 yrs of my life, the last year or so it caught up to me and I got heat exhaustion for the first time in my life, I retired from that business and haven't looked back. I loved doing what I did for a living but it wasn't worth dying for, I care more about my family and my life than working in an oven til the day I died.
    My grandfather worked outside until the day he retired from the City of Dallas and then got a job working at Zerox maintaning their complex (outside). He died not long after that and he looked very tired right before he passed, never did anything but work his entire life.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I have the utmost respect for guys that work outside for a living and provide for their family. But at some point I think we all have to look 10, 15 years down the road and ask yourself if this is something you'll be doing at 55+. You have to come up with some kind of long term plan to get out of the heat and let the younger guys do it. That kind of labor work will catch up to you and age you quick.

Comment

Originally posted by silverranger View Post
        Bawhaha I don’t think I have ever seen you drink a water

Only at work, then I switch to the other water.

The man has a glorious yard!
        Thanks! It’s been a work in progress for sure.
        Originally posted by Big A View Post
        You wouldn't prefer having A/C in the shop if it were feasible?
        It is feasible and it will happen at my shop soon, I don’t mind the heat unless it gets stupid hot. I probably will prefer the a/c once it becomes the norm. Till then heat is just one of the many things I deal with at work.

Comment

Originally posted by hxbernal View Post
          cooling towel - you'll wonder why you went so long without one.
          I'm not a fan, after a few moments is just a wet, warm rag. I've tried a couple versions and just don't get it. I'd rather drag a fan around.
          Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
            I'm not a fan, after a few moments is just a wet, warm rag. I've tried a couple versions and just don't get it. I'd rather drag a fan around.
            Yeah if I followed the directions it would suck b/c it says lightly wet it. I completely soak mine then give it a good squeeze so it's not dripping then throw it in the freezer. In less than 5 minutes its partly frozen and feels like heaven. I take a break every so often and repeat

Comment

Yeah if I followed the directions it would suck b/c it says lightly wet it. I completely soak mine then give it a good squeeze so it's not dripping then throw it in the freezer. In less than 5 minutes its partly frozen and feels like heaven. I take a break every so often and repeat
              Be very careful putting something frozen on your neck after being hot it could send you into shock! I seen it happen one day doing construction with my grandfather and dad. A new guy was bitching about being hot and didn't want to sit in the shade for a bit so he took some ice and slapped it on the back of his neck and it fucked him up! He fell out. Best thing to do is run some cool water over your wrists and then after about 5 minutes of cooling down then go wash your face and neck.

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                Be very careful putting something frozen on your neck after being hot it could send you into shock! I seen it happen one day doing construction with my grandfather and dad. A new guy was bitching about being hot and didn't want to sit in the shade for a bit so he took some ice and slapped it on the back of his neck and it fucked him up! He fell out. Best thing to do is run some cool water over your wrists and then after about 5 minutes of cooling down then go wash your face and neck.
                Nah, guy just sounds like a typical construction dumbass.

I will take you up on this tho. It used to be the shit in middle school

Comment

Nah, guy just sounds like a typical construction dumbass.

I will take you up on this tho. It used to be the shit in middle school
                  Lmao

Comment

Just quit being a pussy!

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                      Just quit being a pussy!
                      Pretty much

Comment

I have worked outside all of my life. Raised on a large Texas dairy farm and continued the family tradition until 10 years ago when I sold the 900 head of dairy cows and transitioned to ranching. And let me tell ya, both require being outside 7 days a week, but having 250 black angus on 800 acres is like a vacation compared to the dairy. My only regret is not protecting myself from the sun as I battle various forms of skin cancer now. FYI, wear a hat NOT a cap!
                        Shooting for 1000 posts in 15, well make that 20 years.

6.2L Raptor, 5.9 & 6.7 Cummins, 09 SRT Challenger, 93 331R-block Cobra, 70 6-pack Cuda, 71 383 Cuda vert.

Comment

It makes it a lot more tolerable if you aren't a fat ass.
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Fuck working outdoors!

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                              Fuck working outdoors!
                              It makes it a lot more tolerable if you aren't a fat ass.
                              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

you fat bastards
                                WH

Comment

Working...
                                X