Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would it have been better for the world had Germany won WWI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I've seen, the world punished Germany so bad after the first world war that it caused them to raise up and start the second world war for redemption.

But I will say, If we didn't have the wars we've had so far, there would be other wars, its what humans do, been doing this since the beginning of time for us.

Comment

Funny this thread came back up. I am finally listening to this and am on episode V.

Also, Dan has started a new series about the Japanese, Supernova in the East. It fits in well with my comment earlier about the Japanese eventually taking on the Americans. I think one thing to remember about the Japanese is that they were absolutely savage because of their propaganda centered society and the fact that they went from a quasi medieval/feudal state to an early industrial power in a matter of a decade. If they had been allowed to continue with their nonsense without challenge it could have been disastrous. One thing you will hear in the Armageddon podcast is that America, thanks to Woodrow Wilson, was very non-interventionist until the sinking of the Lusitania and Germany's trying to convince Mexico to join the Central Powers. If we had not entered the war at all thanks to an early German victory we may not have become the industrial power we were. That industrial power won the war against Japan.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
        I'm on part V of this podcast and came across this one night while looking for the matrix.

It is actually showing at a few places close on the 17th and I'm going to make an effort to check it out.

https://www.fathomevents.com/events/...tm_term=warner
        I want to see this too. I’m glad a film maker like Jackson did this. Preserving history is important. In Dallas schools are busy teaching the pillars of Islam instead of the wars the us fought to preserve freedom.

Comment

Question is, would it have been better if they'd won ww2
          WH

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
            Supernova in the East.
            4 months since episode 1 came out... I'm getting impatient.

Comment

Hypothetical Axis victory in World War II

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                Question is, would it have been better if they'd won ww2
                You must be drunk
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                  You must be drunk
                  Every minute of his life
                  Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                  HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Well there's people saying there were no gas chambers now. So you've got that.
                    WH

Comment

Went and saw They Shall Not Grow Old last night. The color/sound/film restoration effects were great. You've never seen WWI footage like this before. The film was all from the British perspective and in two hours you can only get a small idea of what life was like in their front trenches. Worth the price of admission, but doesn't give you much backstory or history as to why things happened or how hellish the war actually was.

Comment

Working...
                      X