Hog slayer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Treybiz View Post
    How hard would you consider it to assemble one?

I've only cleaned and fired my guns. Never assembled and/or disassembled one.

I need a winter project and although my 30.06 will stop the dirty pigs, I want something I can get out a few rounds in a hurry.
    Easier than you think. There are forum build parties every few months which you can come see and learn. Pm sonic93.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
      Easier than you think. There are forum build parties every few months which you can come see and learn. Pm sonic93.
      Will do.

I searched and it does not appear he has signed up yet on here.

I've started reading on Ar-15.com to decide on what parts I need to buy... That in itself is causing my head to spin.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
        How does buck shot do with them?
        Have not had one walk away yet!

Comment

Will do.

I searched and it does not appear he has signed up yet on here.

I've started reading on Ar-15.com to decide on what parts I need to buy... That in itself is causing my head to spin.
          He'll be on here, told me the party will be early Jan. He's in the middle east right now.
          Ded

Comment

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
            He'll be on here, told me the party will be early Jan. He's in the middle east right now.
            Good Deal,

That time frame should be around the time my budget will allow a new toy anyway.

Comment

Good Deal,

That time frame should be around the time my budget will allow a new toy anyway.

Just noticed in another thread. Sonic93 is on here but new name.

Comment

Originally posted by Pewter Y2K Z28 View Post
                I'm a fan of AR-15's as well but have taken them with something as small as a 9mm and as large as a .50 BMG
                What the fuck was left with the 50 BMG?? I had to ask.
                04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
                There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

I guess it depends on what you mean by "slay". If its a general term for kill, I like a 270. Shoot, drop, dead gun. Now if you are wanting something to open up on a herd, I would hope to discourage you from it. There is nothing sane about crippling or gut shooting animals and leaving them to suffer.
                  Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
                    What the fuck was left with the 50 BMG?? I had to ask.
                    The carnage wasnt as bad as I expected. It was a 750gr HP round and it was only 80 yards. It zipped right through him but it did flip him completely over.

"A bad day hunting beats a good day at work"

Golden Oaks Lodge
                    East Texas Axis and Fallow hunts
                    https://www.facebook.com/GoldenOaksLodge/

Comment

A few friends (grove rat) and I have always use our ak's to go looking for hogs, but we never really plan on shooting anything over 80-100yds.

Comment

.300 Win Mag

Comment

There are 7.62x39 AR's. Buy one if that's the caliber you want. Do yourself a favor, and get a gas piston conversion kit if you aren't going to shoot non-corrosive surplus ammo, though. They're cheap insurance.
                          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                            There are 7.62x39 AR's. Buy one if that's the caliber you want. Do yourself a favor, and get a gas piston conversion kit if you aren't going to shoot non-corrosive surplus ammo, though. They're cheap insurance.
                            Are there any good mags for 7.62X39 ARs? I've thought about getting a 7.62X39 upper in case the world ever ends.... I can just pick up ammo no matter what is lying around.

Comment

no personal experience with it but i've heard the mag issues have been sorted out for the 7.62x39 uppers. im considering this as well.

Comment

I personally don't see the draw of the 7.62x39 uppers. Of course a .30cal in a standard lower is a nice thing, but it's the same ballgame as people who buy the PSL's - the cheap ammo means you have to strip it down and clean it everytime. I just feel 6.8SPC is a better choice.
                                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                                X