Need a family law attorney who's not f**king retarded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
    it's getting more common, as is 50/50 custody with no child support.
    Shit, maybe I need to drag the ex back to court and get this deal.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Matt.

My wife hired a guy who was pretty much a pitbull in family law. His name is James (Jim) Stephenson but he moved to Decatur shortly after she hired him. I don’t know if he can work in that area or not but it might be worth a phone call his phone number is 877-731-8683

Best of luck!

David

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
        Shit, maybe I need to drag the ex back to court and get this deal.
        It really is good for both parties, if you break it down and think about it. Equal time with the kids, equal time with both parents for the kids. If you have them every other week, neither parent needs the other to pay support, each provides half.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
          It really is good for both parties, if you break it down and think about it. Equal time with the kids, equal time with both parents for the kids. If you have them every other week, neither parent needs the other to pay support, each provides half.
          I agree, I see my kids more than the allotted time at my daughters softball games and the such, and pay a gang of CS. May look into this...would benefit me more than her.

Comment

Was she having to pay child support from the start? If so, and she took a side gig for extra money, did she not report that? If not, I could see why the court did not look at that favorably.

Comment

My mom was Kevin Fuller's first client out of law school, I used him when I fought for custody. I believe him and his firm to be the best in DFW.....

Comment

Sorry to say that yes, all of that is very standard as far as orders go. Non custodial parent is responsible for 100% medical, dental, etc in addition to child support. Neither parent can move out of a bordering county but I've seen many times where a specific school district is named. She didn't report additional income, that's on her. Even if she did report it, it's income, therefore he gets his cut. The fact that the extra income isn't available anymore is irrelevant. She needs to get a second job. As someone else mentioned, him cheating has zero bearing on the way custody is viewed (nor should it). The 2 bedroom dwelling is also state law. You have to provide a bedroom for the child. I'm not saying she's not getting jerked around by the ex, but she is being treated exactly as fathers have been treated by Texas Family Courts for decades. That's just the truth.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  The fact that the extra income isn't available anymore is irrelevant. She needs to get a second job.
                  Huh? That doesn't make sense to me at all, if it's a percentage of income, and the income drops, then the child support should also drop accordingly. What if the paying parent loses their good job in a shitty market, and can't find something that pays near the same? Or they have a sales job and commission is abysmal for a couple budgets? That person is meant to suffer, and be worse off than the deadbeat that's living off the tit?

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                    Huh? That doesn't make sense to me at all, if it's a percentage of income, and the income drops, then the child support should also drop accordingly. What if the paying parent loses their good job in a shitty market, and can't find something that pays near the same? Or they have a sales job and commission is abysmal for a couple budgets? That person is meant to suffer, and be worse off than the deadbeat that's living off the tit?

Usually averaged out for a certain period. It sucks that they chose that period of her pay but it happens

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                      I don’t know how it works for commission pay. But I’m pretty sure you’re up shit creek. She can request a hearing, but it’s up to the judge. Or she can request a review through CSRP (attorney general), but there is no guarantee it will be lowered. It’s all circumstantial.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

dont get married and dont have kids....got it.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                          dont get married and dont have kids....got it.
                          Meh, kids can be awesome! You got the first part right though.

Comment

Nothing wrong with being married it’s a job though. Some people just can’t handle it

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                              Sounds like what hundreds of men go through in divorces...especially in Texas. Good for the ex husband.

But, there’s more to the story than what she’s telling you. There always is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              Been there done that and got the t shirt. Paid about $225k until jr hit 18. Thank goodness it is over.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                                Been there done that and got the t shirt. Paid about $225k until jr hit 18. Thank goodness it is over.
                                Man, imagine if you could have put all that in your 401k...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X