No announcement yet.

black2002ls Model Car Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anyone is in or around Hunt County 4/20 through 4/27, the #11 race car and my bronco will be on display in the creative arts builing at the Hunt County fair

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

A couple of updates.

Tape is laid for the white stripes on the cobra:

Also a little bit of progress on the GT500. Most of the body chrome is installed. The engine is almost conplete. Paited ford engine blue and weathered a bit with a black wash.

Comment

I got the white for the stripes laid today. This is my first time doing hand painted double stripes like this. I've painted single wide stripes in the past. I think it turned out pretty good.

From here, I will let the stripes cure for a few days, clear with Advantage 545 automotive clear, and then begin wet sanding to elimitate the "height" of the stripes.

This is my replica of 01yz2nv's Factory Five cobra.

Comment

Great job on the stripes. You are getting better with every model.

Comment

It was cool to meet you, thanks for helping me with my hoarding problem. My wife enjoyed talking to your wife. Good luck with the sales.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
              It was cool to meet you, thanks for helping me with my hoarding problem. My wife enjoyed talking to your wife. Good luck with the sales.
              Thanks. It is always good to be able to put a face with a name. Sorry we weren't abke to stay longer.

The trouble is stopping myself frkm lutting kits into my "keep" stack!

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                Thanks. It is always good to be able to put a face with a name. Sorry we weren't abke to stay longer.

The trouble is stopping myself frkm lutting kits into my "keep" stack!

HAHA ya that's how I ended up with as many as I had. It's fun seeing the cars go up in the sale groups. Odd feeling is going, "Oh I want that one, and then realizing it was mine. lol

Comment

I've not been building much buying and selling kits mostly. Thanks matt, it has turned into a disease. I spend hours on ebay and forums trying to buy in bulk!

I stopped long enough to finish up the front bumper for my LX conversion. The front and rear bumpers have been cleared, they need polished a bit and then clayed up to pour the silicone molds for casting. Hopefully I can pour the first half of the mold this weekend.

Comment

I've not been building much buying and selling kits mostly. Thanks matt, it has turned into a disease. I spend hours on ebay and forums trying to buy in bulk!
                    So what you are saying is I should steer clear of your wife. lol

glad those kits worked out for you. what all did you end up keeping?

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                      So what you are saying is I should steer clear of your wife. lol

glad those kits worked out for you. what all did you end up keeping?
                      She doesn't mind too much. It stays in the hobby room and it pays for model stuff.

I finally went through, kit by kit, and thinned out some more from my keep pile. Everything not marked I kept. I also kept one of the peterbilts, the fox vert, and maybe one or two more. I'm doen to 5 or 6 left to sell off, I think. I've bought a few parts boxes and kit lots on ebay since buying yours. As of right now, I've broke even at best on those.

Comment

Also a little bit of progress on the GT500. Most of the body chrome is installed. The engine is almost conplete. Paited ford engine blue and weathered a bit with a black wash.

Boss9 shock towers on purpose?

mardyn

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn View Post
                          Boss9 shock towers on purpose?

mardyn
                          Thats just the way the kit was molded.

Comment

If anyone is close to Grapevine and wants to see some of these in person I will be at scalefest on Saturday with the Denny Hamlin car, the riviera, Camaro, and this little gem. I need to repaint the interior, hoping I can get it done by Saturday, just need to decide on a color

Comment

I always seem to do this. Last minute thrashing for the show tomorrow. The T-bird is almost done. Body is polished, interior painted an off white. I'm going to swap seats to something shorter and without a headrest. Put the stock front bumper back on it, mount the tail lights, and call it done.

Comment

REAL close now! It's SO LOW!

Comment

Working...
                                X