Allen HS's $60,000,000 football stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen HS's $60,000,000 football stadium

What are peoples thoughts on spending this much money on a HS stadium? Bleacher Report had made a post about this on FB and a bunch of people were bitching (probably yankees) and saying "This is what's wrong with America and all kinds of shit." Honestly, my opinion is that this district is very well off, and better to spend the property taxes from people in that district ON students in that district and not some other due to the Robin Hood plan. Plus, in TX, what other extracurricular activity brings more revenue in than football? None. Not by a long shot. Not to mention all of the other events that will be scheduled outside of the schools regular season use. Playoff games, other sports, I'm guessing marching band competitions, and whatever else could be held inside the facility and not the field itself.

"Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

fuck allen, they built their stupid city off plano's nuts through robin hood.

i know this stadium was built after allen was no longer a recipient, but the single big ass high school with its basement chick fil a was built using shared funds.

as far as the size and costs i dont care. it's not like anyone gets a quality education anyways, might as well sell football.
    Last edited by momo; 06-05-2013, 06:53 PM. Reason: typo engrish fail boat
    www.hppmotorsports.com
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

been there a couple of times, its a nice stadium...
      04 GT
      91 LX

Comment

They paid for it through excessive property taxes, that is bullshit.

I'm sure it brings some nice money into the school, I just don't agree with ISD tax rates being so damn high.

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
          as far as the size and costs i dont care. it's not like anyone gets a quality education anyways, might as well sell football.
          Haha. True that. Gotta love standardized testing and lowering grade requirements for passing, I'm sorry "graduating" each and every grade.

Comment

Wonder what the ROI on that is- 100yrs

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
              They paid for it through excessive property taxes, that is bullshit.

I'm sure it brings some nice money into the school, I just don't agree with ISD tax rates being so damn high.
              What's excessive though. There are plenty of high property taxes in districts. Southlake, Keller, and hell, I don't even want to know what the taxes are down here in the Lake Travis, Westlake area. If you don't wanna pay the taxes, don't live there. If you were there before the school district started upping the rates, that's different. I guess you're SOL unless you move.

Comment

They're fucking idiots if they think they'll make money with that monstrosity. I bet they cut funding for arts and sciences in the same year.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                  What's excessive though. There are plenty of high property taxes in districts. Southlake, Keller, and hell, I don't even want to know what the taxes are down here in the Lake Travis, Westlake area. If you don't wanna pay the taxes, don't live there. If you were there before the school district started upping the rates, that's different. I guess you're SOL unless you move.
                  Most property tax rates in Texas are excessive - especially when local counties jack the values annually. I also think it's shit that people without kids/or people with privately educated kids get roped into this.

Comment

This pisses me off. We're ranked what, 27th and THIS is what they spend their fucking money on? Give me a goddamn break...

I digress: This is Texas, AND WE GOTTA HAVE OUR HS FERTBERL!

Comment

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
                      Far greater than that after maintenance/upkeep.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                        Most property tax rates in Texas are excessive - especially when local counties jack the values annually. I also think it's shit that people without kids/or people with privately educated kids get roped into this.
                        That is my issue with Keller ISD. I not only pay for the schools within the City Limits, but all the schools in Ft. Worth area that are included in KISD.

I don't have kids, I don't plan on having kids (anytime soon) yet I fork $5000 a year over.

I think if you have kids in the ISD, you get taxed for the ISD, otherwise hoes n coke!!

Comment

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
                          Payback period?
                          Originally posted by davbrucas
                          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

looks kinda small for 60 million bucks.....
                            Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                              ... Plus, in TX, what other extracurricular activity brings more revenue in than football? None. Not by a long shot.
                              NO high school athletic program in the state of Texas makes money. None.

Comment

Working...
                              X