Vehicle CQB with William Petty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle CQB with William Petty

Was messaging with him to see if he's going to instruct this anytime in 2017. He said he should be firming up some dates within the next week or so. Class is 2 days at $400 and will be at the SOS range in Grandview (about 30 mins south of Downtown Ft. Worth). Looks like it'd be a lot of fun!

Every time I see these classes I think of a bunch of mall ninjas with a few bucks to blow, breathing heavily while watching youtube. The chances of you having to engage a target while in a car as a civilian are pretty much nill, along with the fact that 2 days of classes out of your entire lifetime is nothing. Even with the class most people are just gunna freeze the fuck up or do something stupid. Police and mili do a good bit of training and then when the real deal goes down they still fuck up.

If you have a free weekend and a half grand to blow, then cool, but for $400 +gas +food I'd rather buy another gun.

Comment

So then why train at all? Should we just sit around on the 100 yard bench and shoot at stationary targets while we drink Capri Suns?

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
        So then why train at all? Should we just sit around on the 100 yard bench and shoot at stationary targets while we drink Capri Suns?
        If we ever go to war with stationary paper targets I will go down as a god damned legend.

Comment

I'm deadly out to about 50 yards, past that, I'm fucked

Comment

I'm too lazy for that shit. Kill me already.

Comment

which flavor of capri suns???

god bless.
              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Petty is a solid dude and he teaches great classes. If you are wanting to take one from him, go for it.
                Last edited by Probie; 12-28-2016, 04:33 PM.
                Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                  Train for quickdraw, train for accuracy within 10yrds, be familiar with your weapon and malfunctions, sure. Those are things that can be done on the regular at a range(some ranges)/ on some land all the time. But spending a weekend and half a grand after all is said and done to do something one time in your life, just don't see a point. But, to each their own.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                  If you are wanting to take one f on him,
                  What does this mean?

Comment

It means he put a space instead of an r. It looks like a cool class, but I agree that it is expensive and it is a perishable skill that when not continually practiced will go away. If you are consistently training and taking classes, go for it, otherwise don't waste your money.

Comment

I could see that as useful if you have the money to blow. At the very least you can store the info in the back of your mind for what to do in these situations so you're not a sitting duck. This situation will likely never come, and you'll definitely fuck it up, but it may help you survive it if it does.

Comment

Let me know dates
                        2012 GT500

Comment

With my handicap placard, I can the "fall down stuff" real easy! (no charge)
                          In my stupider days, we were all acquainted with various calibers of
                          metal penetrations of various thickness and some times at distance.

In retrospect, Thank God the cops did not get us.
                          $400 CHEAP

Comment

I wouldn't mind doing that. And I see what you are saying about this not being enough training. But honestly, I'd like to see what I could do. I would like to see how MY weapons perform shooting through some of those things like a windshield or a car door. I don't see this any differently than going to a high performance driving school. Sure the training may not be enough if not done regularly but I would like to do it just for the experience as well.

And I want to see more of those chicks in the video! That's sexy!

Comment

Originally posted by phaux View Post
                              Train for quickdraw, train for accuracy within 10yrds, be familiar with your weapon and malfunctions, sure. Those are things that can be done on the regular at a range(some ranges)/ on some land all the time. But spending a weekend and half a grand after all is said and done to do something one time in your life, just don't see a point. But, to each their own.

I just see it as a bit of fun. When it comes to trained people screwing up, I think a lot of that comes down to personality. "Cooler heads prevail" comes to mind. Some people, no matter how well trained, just aren't good under stress. I think that's something that is inborn, and can't really be taught.

Imho, this should be a primary screening point for cops. If they can't pass several different types of surprise "cooler heads prevail" tests which they are under the impression is absolutely real at the time, they should be automatically disqualified. And this is upon their application, not after some training. To see if they've even got the nerves for it. If not, its "sorry, you don't qualify".
                              Last edited by Gasser64; 12-28-2016, 02:48 PM.
                              WH

Comment

Working...
                              X