• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn I still need to watch Rogue One

Comment

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

It was good, but not Empire good. Like The Force Awakens, it mirrored Empire quite a bit, though maybe not quite as obvious as Awakens was at times. I still think Empire is the best Star Wars film, followed close by Rogue One. This one still blows away the prequels, but left several questions unanswered. Looking forward to the third to wrap up the story, but more excited about the stand alone films they want to make to see more of that universe. Still hoping for an Old Republic trilogy.
        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Decades waiting to see Luke as a bad-ass... and get Oscar the Grouch who mails it in from a meditation stone and promptly drops dead.... awesome it was not.

Laughing at the prospect of someone with bad ass fighting skills from 2 days of Jedi training....

I think I'm done with this cash cow.

Comment

Originally posted by Gargamel View Post
            Decades waiting to see Luke as a bad-ass... and get Oscar the Grouch who mails it in from a meditation stone and promptly drops dead.... awesome it was not.

Laughing at the prospect of someone with bad ass fighting skills from 2 days of Jedi training....

I think I'm done with this cash cow.
            It had its problems for sure, (dont want to give away spoilers). Don't forget Luke didn't train that long with Yoda before fighting Vader. Granted he got his ass kicked, but we know some people are much stronger users and don't need as much training as others.
            I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
              It was good, but not Empire good. Like The Force Awakens, it mirrored Empire quite a bit, though maybe not quite as obvious as Awakens was at times. I still think Empire is the best Star Wars film, followed close by Rogue One. This one still blows away the prequels, but left several questions unanswered. Looking forward to the third to wrap up the story, but more excited about the stand alone films they want to make to see more of that universe. Still hoping for an Old Republic trilogy.
              Wow, very well said. I agree with every word of this.

Originally posted by Gargamel View Post
              What did Rey do besides lift some rocks, take out a few guards and tie Kylo in a game of tug-of-war? Seemed like she was pretty well screwed until somebody changed the game for her.

Comment

Rey fought the top Gestapo guards, not just regular lame ass guards. She was also a pretty well trained fighter with her stick before she learned fighting with a sabers isn't much different. It definitely mirrors the Empire a lot but it was very entertaining. Even my wife thoroughly enjoyed it and she is no Star Wars fan. The only thing I didn't care for was the massive amount of comic relief. The wife did point out of how stereotypical it was that the Asian chick wanted the BBC.
                Originally posted by Marisa
                we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Meh..... as expected no real surprises, unlike the Lucas originals. Only real semi surprise was Laura Dern saving everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                    Meh..... as expected no real surprises, unlike the Lucas originals. Only real semi surprise was Laura Dern saving everyone.
                    All that technology....

No autopilot on capital ships

lol

Comment

Saw it last night, pretty good. I didn't read any of the threads on the interwebz so had no idea what to expect. I'll agree with some of you, it reminded me of Empire. The special effects were spot on. I did want to see Luke get it on with Ren to get revenge for his friend, but oh well.

I'll probably go see it in 3-D under the influence...
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I've never been a Star Wars fan, only saw the first one released in theaters in the late 70's. How many have been made now?

Comment

I thought this movie was very mediocre. It was like playing an RPG and going after the story line quest for 25% of the game and going after side quest for 75% of the game. You've accomplished a lot of the game, but know little of the story.

Also, Snoke was a huge let down.

Comment

I finally saw this one the other day. It was definitely better than the last turd from the Skywalker story line but not much. And the blatantly PC social justice bullshit was getting on my last nerve. It would be different if these moments somehow fit into the story or were worked into the script in a meaningful way. Instead they are just gratuitous shit moments. It is like they had a checklist of stupid moments that they had to fit in and they gave the fuck up on making them fit.
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I didn't mind it too much. Would have liked to have seen a light saber battle with Luke. Admiral Purple Power was totally unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                                I finally saw this one the other day. It was definitely better than the last turd from the Skywalker story line but not much. And the blatantly PC social justice bullshit was getting on my last nerve. It would be different if these moments somehow fit into the story or were worked into the script in a meaningful way. Instead they are just gratuitous shit moments. It is like they had a checklist of stupid moments that they had to fit in and they gave the fuck up on making them fit.
                                That's actually a pretty good summary of the difference between the disney approach and Lucas. Disney does some shit scene for the sake of selling us more shit. Lucas was tellin a story. You may not like the way he did it but there was a story. And the Lucas bad guys are bad asses. Of course Rey can beat Kylo and Snoke. Hell Luke did it meditating and Luke is the biggest pussy in the Lucas films. A robot continually saves his sorry ass.

Comment

Working...
                                X