US Prepares For Cruise Missile Attack on Syria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
    Kind of a cowards way of thought. You and I aren't going to see eye to eye on this because I don't think you have a solid grasp on war fighting.

Afghanistan was a safe haven for terror cells. Had we just gone in and killed OBL it would have only made the attacks more frequent. Keep in mind, we didn't declare war on Afghanistan, we declared war on terror.

Go in, crush the opposing faction, kill leader, mop up stragglers. That is how wars are won. Not killing the top guy and hoping that things just stop. Leaders can be replaced easily.
    Of course we're not going to agree. You have to think that way to justify your life just like Freeze brain has to. If Afghanistan or Iraq was a bad idea then that means everything that happened to you and yours was unjustifiable. In reality Within a year of us pulling out of Afghanistan everything will revert back to the way it was making all those lives lost on both sides a huge waste.

Comment

Originally posted by 4eyedwillie View Post
      Of course we're not going to agree. You have to think that way to justify your life just like Freeze brain has to. If Afghanistan or Iraq was a bad idea then that means everything that happened to you and yours was unjustifiable. In reality Within a year of us pulling out of Afghanistan everything will revert back to the way it was making all those lives lost on both sides a huge waste.
      Regardless of what happens in the future my brothers death will always be honorable. That "talking point" needs to stay out of the conversation, I will not allow his memory to be used as cannon fodder.

I don't need to justify anything, Afgan was a safe haven for terror, we made it unsafe for them, we win.

Do you seriously think that taking out only OBL would have done anything other than inflame the situation? Our mission wasn't revenge, it was to remove the enemy's ability to strike at targets on the homeland. Removing OBL from power was a cherry on top. Don't forget, it is the war on terror, not the manhunt of Bin Laden.

Comment

Regardless of what happens in the future my brothers death will always be honorable. That "talking point" needs to stay out of the conversation, I will not allow his memory to be used as cannon fodder.

I don't need to justify anything, Afgan was a safe haven for terror, we made it unsafe for them, we win.

Do you seriously think that taking out only OBL would have done anything other than inflame the situation? Our mission wasn't revenge, it was to remove the enemy's ability to strike at targets on the homeland. Removing OBL from power was a cherry on top. Don't forget, it is the war on terror, not the manhunt of Bin Laden.
        And when we pull out and it goes back to exactly like it was in a year or less what good did it do? Once we pull out it will return to being a *safe haven* what was accomplished other than getting a shit load of people killed or injured? If we take out the leaders consistently who will want to lead? And if it does go back (which it already is per board members) what did your brothers death accomplish?

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
          any significance(sp?) to the the video and what i said?
          Iran....

Comment

Kind of a cowards way of thought. You and I aren't going to see eye to eye on this because I don't think you have a solid grasp on war fighting.

Afghanistan was a safe haven for terror cells. Had we just gone in and killed OBL it would have only made the attacks more frequent. Keep in mind, we didn't declare war on Afghanistan, we declared war on terror.

Go in, crush the opposing faction, kill leader, mop up stragglers. That is how wars are won. Not killing the top guy and hoping that things just stop. Leaders can be replaced easily.
            And rebuild nothing, kill any opposition that pops up and then leave after taking any and all resources required to reimburse the country for expenses
            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

And when we pull out and it goes back to exactly like it was in a year or less what good did it do? Once we pull out it will return to being a *safe haven* what was accomplished other than getting a shit load of people killed or injured? If we take out the leaders consistently who will want to lead? And if it does go back (which it already is per board members) what did your brothers death accomplish?
              It protected the men to his left and right which is the most honorable death a man can wish for.

Comment

^^^^^^ Exactly ^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by BoostedD1 View Post
                  ^^^^^^ Exactly ^^^^^
                  People who never served will never understand that. "Greater love has no man, than he who would lay down his life for his brother." -John 15:13

"He was compelled, instead, by an instinct of loyalty which the brave always carry into conflict. In that incredibly brief moment of decision in which he decided to die, he put others first and himself last. I have always believed that to be the hardest, but the highest, decision that any man is ever called upon to make.

In dying, Private Milton Olive taught those of us who remain how we ought to live." -LBJ about Private Milton Olive

Comment

You are quickly headed toward shitbag status. I asked before now I am telling you. You will not use my brother's death as a talking point. Cut the fucking cheap shots.

My brothers death saved the lives of his friends, and for that he will always be more of a man and patriot than you.

You are not capable of understanding the complex situation in Afghanistan. We will not pull out of that country without stabilizing the government. One day it will slide back into anarchy, but for now it will not be a terror training camp. By going in we broke the enemy supply lines, we dismantled their training network, we also took a shit ton of potential attackers out of the game. We have rendered them unable to launch large scale attacks on the US homeland.

I won't debate Iraq, I have mixed feelings on the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                      This. Unless they start gassing outside of those borders, let the UN handle it
                      Ha the un is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
                        Ha the un is a joke.
                        Of course they are. They have no authority, no military and file strongly worded letters that the US has to back up and pay for. To top it off, they wear baby blue helmets that scream "Aim here."

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                          People who never served will never understand that. "Greater love has no man, than he who would lay down his life for his brother." -John 15:13

"He was compelled, instead, by an instinct of loyalty which the brave always carry into conflict. In that incredibly brief moment of decision in which he decided to die, he put others first and himself last. I have always believed that to be the hardest, but the highest, decision that any man is ever called upon to make.

In dying, Private Milton Olive taught those of us who remain how we ought to live." -LBJ about Private Milton Olive
                          My favorites.

'The brave die never, though they sleep in dust: Their courage nerves a thousand living men.' - Minot J. Savage

'It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.' - General George S. Patton, Jr.

Comment

Want to see the most deadly men on the planet? Kill a soldier's brother in the field. They will endure any hardship, face any opponent to put you in the dirt.

Comment

You are quickly headed toward shitbag status. I asked before now I am telling you. You will not use my brother's death as a talking point. Cut the fucking cheap shots.

My brothers death saved the lives of his friends, and for that he will always be more of a man and patriot than you.

You are not capable of understanding the complex situation in Afghanistan. We will not pull out of that country without stabilizing the government. One day it will slide back into anarchy, but for now it will not be a terror training camp. By going in we broke the enemy supply lines, we dismantled their training network, we also took a shit ton of potential attackers out of the game. We have rendered them unable to launch large scale attacks on the US homeland.

I won't debate Iraq, I have mixed feelings on the subject.
                              Willie's douche-baggery goes way back on this board. Libs have to rely on cheap shots and low-blows when they have nothing else. It's all about emotion for them, and they lose all scruples to make a point.

Comment

We absolutely needed to go into Afghanistan, and were 100% justified in doing so. I do think we have been there too long, though, and we should have gone in much harder and faster than we did. I do agree with you that it will go back to exactly how it was before; Afghanistan hasn't changed in hundreds of years and in the end these last 10 years won't change their tribal mentality. That doesn't change my opinion that we did the right thing; we were attacked on US soil and retaliated. I will never change my opinion on Afghanistan, and in my opinion those that died did so protecting and serving the United States against an enemy that did tremendous damage to us.
                                I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Working...
                                X