Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inexpensive desktop that would do good for video editing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would work, but I'd opt for an nVidia gpu as I believe they're better supported for video editing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
      That would work, but I'd opt for an nVidia gpu as I believe they're better supported for video editing.
      Do you have any suggestions in what nvidia card to get for that desktop? I think I'm going to order it this week. I didn't realize that the desktop on microcenter says "ready for Radeon...". So I'd have to buy a graphics card separately. Is that still a good deal? Looks like the total would be around $680.

Comment

It already has a decent gpu, but if I'm not mistaken, Nvidia gpu's are better supported for video editing. That said, I couldn't make an honest recommendation without researching it.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
          Do you have any suggestions in what nvidia card to get for that desktop? I think I'm going to order it this week. I didn't realize that the desktop on microcenter says "ready for Radeon...". So I'd have to buy a graphics card separately. Is that still a good deal? Looks like the total would be around $680.
          The one on micro center has a Radeon R9 370. It's saying that it is VR (virtual reality ) ready. It's comparable to a Nvida GTX 960. Both are very capable cards.

Intel Core i5-6400 Processor 2.7GHz
          AMD Radeon R9 370 2GB VR Ready
          8GB DDR4-2133 RAM
          1TB 7,200RPM Hard Drive
          Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit
          SuperMulti DVDRW Drive
          5-in-1 Memory Card Reader
          10/100/1000 Network
          802.11ac Wireless
          Display Not Included

Comment

Based on what I'm reading, a gtx1050 is considered the budget video editing card, a GTX1060 is a "powerhouse" for the task.

Comment

Working...
            X