• Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there paint on this thing yet?

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
      is there paint on this thing yet?
      really thought I'd come here this morning to find spoilers. lol
      So yes, there is paint. I've got a ton of video to go through, but I figured I would share the finished product now, well not quite finished. I still need to pin stripe and add the big white circles to the doors. I thought about sanding and trying to clean up the surface before painting, but the more I looked at this car the more I found wrong with it. Eventually I said fuck it! and wiped the whole car down and got to painting. I used Valspar armor enamel from lowes because you can tint custom colors (unlike Rustolium that I've used in the past). The valspar acts completely different than the rustolium, Id doesn't mix well with mineral spirits, and lays thicker. It also doesn't self level like I'm used to. leaving me with a very Maaco like orange peal. But that's not such a bad thing on this car seeing as it kinda hides the roughness. Anyway, two days of cleaning painting, drying, taping, and painting again gave me a look I am 100% in love with. The paint is strong so far, and seeing as it's a valspar paint code if I have any issues I can always get more. I really cant wait to see pictures of this thing sliding sideways through the dirt kicking rooster tails!

Comment

I think that looks really good, especially for being done in a driveway.

Comment

Agreed. It looks good.
          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
          86 SVO - Sold
          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

I think that looks really good, especially for being done in a driveway.
            I prefer rolling paint than t\rattle canning. Less mess, less tape, and less money. I deleted the wing and the side skirts. side skirts will stay gone, but I am wanting to put a old stock car style wing on it. unless you all can think of something better or someone has something cool laying around they want to see on the car.

Comment

What kind of tire would be the best to run? An all terrain truck tire, or something more like a Cooper Cobra or BFG Radial T/A?

Comment

Looks great man!

Comment

Dude that looks AWESOME. I love it.

Comment

What kind of tire would be the best to run? An all terrain truck tire, or something more like a Cooper Cobra or BFG Radial T/A?
                    I've seen guys using snow tires.

Comment

Bravo sir!
                      Originally posted by stevo
                      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Not bad at all

Comment

I want to hate it as a SN95 owner, but for what your doing it looks aight...
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                            I want to hate it as a SN95 owner, but for what your doing it looks aight...
                            If you'd seen it up close, you'd be fine with it. Headlights held in with wood screws, needs bumpers, fenders, interior is thrashed, hoods been folded back and cracked, floor pands and pinch welds are beat up, and there's bondo all aroun. hell half the plastic on the a and b pillers is cracked and loose. drivers door skin is pop rivitted to the door shell. she's rough.

besides that, I am looking at some BFG TA KO2's IN A 215/65R16. Should work well in dirt and gravel.

Comment

Looks great! Is your plan to trailer it there or drive it?
                              WRX

Comment

Love it man!! You nailed it!
                                "PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X