Celebrities Trying to Turn Texas Blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celebrities Trying to Turn Texas Blue

I'm not usually one that gets ticked off on opposing political views but when some pompous ass in Hollywood thinks they can mess with Texas I get pissed.

Hollywood celebrities?are flocking to support Texas Democrats, urging their fans to chip in $38 to help turn the Lone Star state blue in the November election.?
    Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Nothing new, they did the same thing with Beto

Comment

and a huge fuck you to willie .

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
        and a huge fuck you to willie .
        I said that years ago, before it was cool to. I've never cared for him or his music and especially not his lefty politics.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
          Nothing new, they did the same thing with Beto
          That was for Beto which he was a blowhard and self destructed immediately during his campaign. He was a flash in the pan.

This is a concerted effort by Hollywood to fund all Texas Democrats with money raised by outsiders that do not live here in Texas.
          Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
            That was for Beto which he was a blowhard and self destructed immediately during his campaign. He was a flash in the pan.

This is a concerted effort by Hollywood to fund all Texas Democrats with money raised by outsiders that do not live here in Texas.
            Which ought to be illegal.

Comment

I think the majority knows and believes celebrities opinions and influence means absolutely nothing. It's almost comical these days. It is quite funny though why celebs support democrats, its clearly to continue to push the gap between the elite and the peasants even wider. That's the only reason. Celebs want as much status inequality as possible. They're like politicians in a lot of ways.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                I agree. There should be legislation passed that regulates the amount of money coming in from out of state. There would be ways around it I'm sure, but at least make an attempt to block it -- for both parties.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                  I said that years ago, before it was cool to. I've never cared for him or his music and especially not his lefty politics.
                  My family is good friends with Willie. My Uncle was a longtime band member until he passed for a big country star, and had known Willie since he was a child when Willie mentored him and got him his start in the biz.

We were all very disappointed, but not surprised. Willie's a good dude and very likeable but has lived a lifestyle very different from normal people for a very long time, and that rarely leads to political beliefs grounded in reality.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                    good dude and very likeable but has lived a lifestyle very different from normal people for a very long time, and that rarely leads to political beliefs grounded in reality.
                    This probably applies to a large swath of rich and famous people.

Comment

Which of them have been to the Little Sex Slave Island?
                      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                      dont downshift!!
                      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                        Why? I donate money to candidates all across the country. It's my money and I'm free to give it to whomever I choose.
                        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Texas will turn blue , and sooner than you think.

Sleepy texas republicans are doing absolutely nothing about it.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                            Texas will turn blue , and sooner than you think.

Sleepy texas republicans are doing absolutely nothing about it.
                            Sad to say I agree but it’s that scourge that’s expanding via Austin. Transplants from blue states are what’s going to do it. Colorado is a good model to show what’s in store for Texas.

Comment

Agreed. And Texas is a muuuuch bigger prize than Colorado.

If Texas turns blue, they will have

CA-55
                              TX-38
                              PA-20
                              IL-20
                              NY-29

As all blue in the electoral college, with FL-29 being the next battleground and its already see-sawing back and forth.

Comment

Working...
                              X