No announcement yet.

We're building a house.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good DJ! Where's the shop going, at the end of the driveway?

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
      Looking good DJ! Where's the shop going, at the end of the driveway?
      yessir, not really sure where I want to put it other than on the side where the driveway is, obviously.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

1 acre lot?
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
          yessir, not really sure where I want to put it other than on the side where the driveway is, obviously.
          The cement is laid out perfectly for the door to be right there at the end. Like pull in the driveway and keep going straight instead of hanging the right to your attached garage. I LOVE all of that seemingly flat concrete though. It's going to be awesome for you.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            1 acre lot?
            yessir
            The cement is laid out perfectly for the door to be right there at the end. Like pull in the driveway and keep going straight instead of hanging the right to your attached garage. I LOVE all of that seemingly flat concrete though. It's going to be awesome for you.
            Shop will be a bit wide to be right there, but that is basically the plan. I had them route the sprinklers away from the area behind the driveway, and stop the sod too. I'll extend the driveway up to the shop door. It's going to be behind the house. Ill likely put an electric gate up where my drive ends now.

Ill get a better pic, but they poured the drive past the garage entrance but not far enough to touch the shop.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Looking good. Not sure how the weather is up there, but it is just about perfect here for construction. I'm closing houses 2 months earlier than promised in most cases.
              Originally posted by Leah
              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

we were talking september, realtor got involved, then we were talking mid/eng july, now they are looking at end of june. I am not complaining a bit.

The only delay we had was getting ready to pour the driveways, the ditches were full and they couldnt for about a half a day on mine, a full day on my brother in law's down the street. After the concrete was done, they have been full steam ahead.

Comment

Comment

I see now.. Yeah, if you can extend that concrete to the end of the house there, that would be a ton of very useful concrete space! I dig it even like it is now though.

Comment

• Friend of mine listed with a local realtor here in Whitesboro, had a showing and contract started in less than 6.5 hours same day. The real-estate market around his is crazy

Comment

• Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                        Friend of mine listed with a local realtor here in Whitesboro, had a showing and contract started in less than 6.5 hours same day. The real-estate market around his is crazy
                        It's pretty nuts, the house next door is already on contract, but it's smaller and cheaper. We're looking at one and waiting on a couple that should be coming.

Comment

• Housing market is hot. It's nothing the agent is doing special. A monkey can sell a house in this market.

Shop agents, I have 3 agents that will sell a house from 1 to 2 percent.

Comment

• Oh, and btw, congratulations on the new house. Looks really nice

Comment

• Originally posted by War Machine View Post
                              Housing market is hot. It's nothing the agent is doing special. A monkey can sell a house in this market.

Shop agents, I have 3 agents that will sell a house from 1 to 2 percent.
                              My agent isn't doing anything special on listing mine, but he's quick with responses to questions, he's on the spot with everything so far. I have zero complaints with him.

The builder, in the other hand, has every lot on my street sold and I'm process. They haven't broken ground on the street behind me, and hand deposits on 17 of 33 lots as of last week. He's the agent that lists the houses that they build to sell. He got a bit of pull, since there are houses that sold before me that aren't as far along.

Comment

• updates!

We're looking at mid next month for closing. My frustration level is through the roof, we lost our THIRD contract this morning. None of them have had anything to do with us or the house necessarily, just people with issues.

Sheetrock is up, tile is in, cabinets and counter tops are in. The back patio is poured. Brick is in process.

I really like how the wood-look tile came out.

Comment

Working...
                                X