Another viewpoint - Syrian rebels gassed their own people...with USA help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another viewpoint - Syrian rebels gassed their own people...with USA help

I just heard a few minutes of Rush talking about an article that says their is mounting evidence that the rebels gassed their own people and are trying to frame Assad (could not find article yet). I am not saying I believe this but from the intelligence released to the general public this makes more sense. Assad had no reason to gas that area, they were strongly ahead in that region and there was no major strategic value in bombing the area. The rebels on the other hand need all the help they can get. This also fits the Obama narrative of getting rid of dictators in the middle east and replacing them with radical Muslim groups like al qaeda. Obama said chemical weapons were the red line so with the help of the rebels a gassing could have been ordered to get the US military involved. US bombs Assad strong points and now the rebels have momentum.

This also makes you wonder what happened in Libya, were we supplying the rebels with the 400 surface to air missiles that are missing? Did the Libyan al qaeda group find out about the US sending missiles to Syria and wanted them?

I doubt we are going to have proof on any of the stories but the rebels being responsible for the gassing makes more sense as of right now. It does not help that they have already caught a CNN reporter trying to stage a gassing scene.

well, there is this article that bassically says the same thing. It wouldnt surprise me a bit that the US had something to do with it, be it planning or simply selling the CW to the rebels.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Replacing the dictator in Iran in the late '70s with a theocracy has worked out oh so well for the Iranian people and the middle east in general. Obama is seemingly ignorant of world history and how to learn from it.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
        Replacing the dictator in Iran in the late '70s with a theocracy has worked out oh so well for the Iranian people and the middle east in general. Obama is seemingly ignorant of world history and how to learn from it.
        Replacing a democratically elected government and Prime Minister of Iran in 1953 has worked out so well for the Iranian people and the middle east.

Comment

Originally posted by no4njnk View Post
          I just heard a few minutes of Rush talking about an article that says their is mounting evidence that the rebels gassed their own people and are trying to frame Assad (could not find article yet). I am not saying I believe this but from the intelligence released to the general public this makes more sense. Assad had no reason to gas that area, they were strongly ahead in that region and there was no major strategic value in bombing the area. The rebels on the other hand need all the help they can get. This also fits the Obama narrative of getting rid of dictators in the middle east and replacing them with radical Muslim groups like al qaeda. Obama said chemical weapons were the red line so with the help of the rebels a gassing could have been ordered to get the US military involved. US bombs Assad strong points and now the rebels have momentum.

This also makes you wonder what happened in Libya, were we supplying the rebels with the 400 surface to air missiles that are missing? Did the Libyan al qaeda group find out about the US sending missiles to Syria and wanted them?

I doubt we are going to have proof on any of the stories but the rebels being responsible for the gassing makes more sense as of right now. It does not help that they have already caught a CNN reporter trying to stage a gassing scene.
          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by cyclonescott View Post
            Replacing a democratically elected government and Prime Minister of Iran in 1953 has worked out so well for the Iranian people and the middle east.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_Ir...up_d'%C3%A9tat
            Shah > theocracy

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
              Shah > theocracy
              The people of Iran are no better or worse off now then they were under the Shah. If the US and Britain had left them alone back in the 50's chances are we wouldn't have the problems with Iran and Syria that we do now.
              In my opinion we are doing the same thing to countries like Egypt, Libya, and Syria that we did to Iran. We are trying to control the country by instigating regime changes and supporting the people that we want in power.

Comment

Originally posted by cyclonescott View Post
                The people of Iran are no better or worse off now then they were under the Shah. If the US and Britain had left them alone back in the 50's chances are we wouldn't have the problems with Iran and Syria that we do now.
                In my opinion we are doing the same thing to countries like Egypt, Libya, and Syria that we did to Iran. We are trying to control the country by instigating regime changes and supporting the people that we want in power.
                Whether the Iranian people are better or worse off now than they were under the Shah is a matter of speculation. I was of age prior to and during the overthrow of the Shah and am of the opinion they were better off then. Remember SS from canada? He was of a similar opinion, though not completely unbiased by any means. The events of the 50s were well before my time so I won't speculate about conditions then.

I agree with you about the current business in Egypt, Libya, and Syria and didn't/don't want to see any U.S. intervention. At least the U.S. didn't play an active role in the recent Egyptian affairs, but Libya is completely Obamas doing. Khadafi had done absolutely nothing against U.S. interests in recent times yet Obama stuck his nose in their business, just like he wants to do in Syria.

Comment

And Now Guess What!

I for one am for not shocked. After reading the Muslim in Charge's books and see the Documentary 2016 Osama's America.It all fits.

One could hardly come up with a more explosive allegation about a U.S. president than secret membership in an Islamist group. And if that weren’t enough, the newspaper also claims that President Obama’s half-brother Malik is allegedly an Al Qaeda activist.

If he attack Syria the Terrorists, Al-Qaeda,The Qbama Brother Hood,Iran all win. And that piece of shit Kerry is now on live TV ( Sept 03 2013 14:20:29)talking trash so we go and Fight another Israel war again.

"We have to remember what has happened in the last decades, how many times the United States has been the initiator of armed conflict in different regions of the world," Putin said. "Did this resolve even one problem?"

Comment

Originally posted by otrtruckpro View Post
                    I for one am for not shocked. After reading the Muslim in Charge's books and see the Documentary 2016 Osama's America.It all fits.
                    Did you even bother reading the entire article?
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                      Did you even bother reading the entire article?
                      Not all of them, It linked to so many other articles and I was on the business phone it was hard to get every bit. But I read enough over the last 7 years about the Mulatto in charge that I do not doubt anything anymore. He and the rest of the regime are scum.
                      I will get to the other 20+ news write up's shortly when the phones quite down and give you my Pro American and Highly Anti-3rd world opinion then

Comment

Fast and Furious, Bengazi.

Come on people of course the rebels are responsible...and with our (administration's) help.

They gave AUTOMATIC weapons to drug cartels, gassing a few civilians is nothing.

Comment

Mounting evidence raises questions about Syrian chemical weapon attack

There is a growing volume of new evidence from numerous sources in the Middle East — mostly affiliated with the Syrian opposition and its sponsors and supporters — which makes a very strong case, based on solid circumstantial evidence, that the Aug. 21 chemical strike in the Damascus suburbs was indeed a premeditated provocation by the Syrian opposition.

The extent of U.S. foreknowledge of this provocation needs further investigation because available data puts the “horror” of the Barack Obama White House in a different and disturbing light.

On Aug. 13-14, Western-sponsored opposition forces in Turkey started advance preparations for a major and irregular military surge. Initial meetings between senior opposition military commanders and representatives of Qatari, Turkish, and U.S. Intelligence [“Mukhabarat Amriki”] took place at the converted Turkish military garrison in Antakya, Hatay Province, used as the command center and headquarters of the Free Syrian Army (FSA) and their foreign sponsors. Very senior opposition commanders who had arrived from Istanbul briefed the regional commanders of an imminent escalation in the fighting due to “a war-changing development” which would, in turn, lead to a U.S.-led bombing of Syria.

The opposition forces had to quickly prepare their forces for exploiting the U.S.-led bombing in order to march on Damascus and topple the Bashar al-Assad government, the senior commanders explained. The Qatari and Turkish intelligence officials assured the Syrian regional commanders that they would be provided with plenty of weapons for the coming offensive.

Indeed, unprecedented weapons distribution started in all opposition camps in Hatay Province on Aug. 21-23. In the Reyhanli area alone, opposition forces received well in excess of 400 tons of weapons, mainly anti-aircraft weaponry from shoulder-fired missiles to ammunition for light-guns and machine guns. The weapons were distributed from storehouses controlled by Qatari and Turkish Intelligence under the tight supervision of U.S. Intelligence.

These weapons were loaded on more than 20 trailer-trucks which crossed into northern Syria and distributed the weapons to several depots. Followup weapon shipments, also several hundred tons, took place over the weekend of Aug. 24-25, and included mainly sophisticated anti-tank guided missiles and rockets. Opposition officials in Hatay said that these weapon shipments were “the biggest” they had received “since the beginning of the turmoil more than two years ago”. The deliveries from Hatay went to all the rebel forces operating in the Idlibto-Aleppo area, including the Al Qaida affiliated jihadists (who constitute the largest rebel forces in the area).

Several senior officials from both the Syrian opposition and sponsoring Arab states stressed that these weapon deliveries were specifically in anticipation for exploiting the impact of imminent bombing of Syria by the U.S. and the Western allies. The latest strategy formulation and coordination meetings took place on Aug. 26. The political coordination meeting took place in Istanbul and was attended by U.S. Amb. Robert Ford.

More important were the military and operational coordination meetings at the Antakya garrison. Senior Turkish, Qatari, and U.S. Intelligence officials attended in addition to the Syrian senior (opposition) commanders. The Syrians were informed that bombing would start in a few days. “The opposition was told in clear terms that action to deter further use of chemical weapons by the Assad regime could come as early as in the next few days,” a Syrian participant in the meeting said. Another Syrian participant said that he was convinced U.S. bombing was scheduled to begin on Thursday, Aug. 29. Several participants — both Syrian and Arab — stressed that the assurances of forthcoming bombing were most explicit even as formally Obama is still undecided.

The descriptions of these meetings raise the question of the extent of foreknowledge of U.S. intelligence, and therefore, the Obama White House. All the sources consulted — both Syrian and Arab — stressed that officials of the “Mukhabarat Amriki” actively participated in the meetings and briefings in Turkey. Therefore, at the very least, they should have known that the opposition leaders were anticipating “a war-changing development”: that is, a dramatic event which would provoke a U.S.-led military intervention.

The mere fact that weapon storage sites under the tight supervision of U.S. intelligence were opened up and about a thousand tons of high-quality weapons were distributed to the opposition indicates that U.S. intelligence anticipated such a provocation and the opportunity for the Syrian opposition to exploit the impact of the ensuing U.S. and allied bombing. Hence, even if the Obama White House did not know in advance of the chemical provocation, they should have concluded, or at the very least suspected, that the chemical attack was most likely the “war-changing development” anticipated by the opposition leaders as provocation of U.S.-led bombing. Under such circumstances, the Obama White House should have refrained from rushing head-on to accuse Assad’s Damascus and threaten retaliation, thus making the Obama White House at the very least complicit after the act.

Meanwhile, additional data from Damascus about the actual chemical attack increases the doubts about Washington’s version of events. Immediately after the attack, three hospitals of Doctors Without Borders (MSF: médecins sans frontières) in the greater Damascus area treated more than 3,600 Syrians affected by the chemical attack, and 355 of them died. MSF performed tests on the vast majority of those treated.

Comment

I know a lot of Iranians, some of them still go back to visit. I have yet to find one who says they are better off now.
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

no one of color is better off in america. hell even people with no color would be better off in their home countries.
                              THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Working...
                              X