No announcement yet.

YETI drops the NRA?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good post Strychnine, I get the same feeling as you: "The NRA really makes me wonder if they really care about 2A rights or if they're just in it for money (let some incremental laws pass, scare the people, get donations, rinse, repeat)."

And really, I get that feeling about most lobby groups. Just like the saying often repeated in condemnation of politicians, they all seem to have the "Never let a crisis / tragedy go to waste" philosophy.

At the same time, they are kind of the "only game in town" when it comes to stuff like this. I used to be a member but intentionally avoided renewal. It kinda gives me the same feeling I had when considering who to vote for in the last (hell, make that last several) elections. Still not sure which is better (to support them or not).

Everyone is selling / marketing something these days, and it's becoming increasingly more difficult to identify those underlying motives.

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
    NRA cares about money and pretends to be pro-2A.

That being said, I'm not a big fan of companies that grand stand, and it would also seem that Yeti predominately sells to people that would be "rah-rah firearms" and don't mind switching brands.
    Good post also.. We usually line up on stuff like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
      So you're saying they never really did offer the alternative program that you originally said they offered? The deletion makes sense now...
      Did I ever say that? I sure don't remember it. I said "who cares?" Do you have evidence they didn't offer an alternative? This whole thing isn't even about any discount program. It's about the fact that a private company seemingly had no intentions of making a show out of this, but the NRA decided to speak for them and put words in their mouth. It's corporate bullying.

Pretend I own a business that sells stationery and I give discounts to certain groups... say the SPCA is one of those. One day I decide that maybe those discounts I'm giving to the SPCA don't make sense for me anymore so I send 'em a letter. Is it fair for the SPCA to issue a press release alleging that I hate animals, and that I should be ashamed for damning the future of countless furry little pets and the children who will never be able to play with them?

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
      And the cake meme you're using as evidence fails to note one point. As technology advances there are new "cakes baked"...I'll bake a cake every now and then to throw to the other side if it keeps them away from the cake I really want.
      That doesn't make sense though and that's exactly what will lead us further down the slippery slope. Saying that new technology is ok to be sacrificed is akin to anti-2A groups proclaiming that the founding fathers only had muskets so anything past that is unnecessary and should be illegal.

Out of curiosity, what 'cake' do you really want to save here? Where's your line?

(this is definitely a thread for the political forum now - woops)

Comment

I initially saw something about this on instagram, as someone was making a big deal about collecting all of their Yeti stuff to shoot it, and how everyone should be buying this 'other' brand because they're 'Made in America and Support the 2A'.

I took that with a grain of salt as it sounded incredibly contrived and the poster came off as a shill for the 'other' cooler company. Can't remember what brand it was, I had not heard of them previously (not RTIC). Which is probably why it came off as a 'guerilla' advertisement, or some form of shady product placement.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
          Did I ever say that? I sure don't remember it. I said "who cares?"......

(this is definitely a thread for the political forum now - woops)
          You specifically said it in the post you deleted.

My problem with yeti is the half assed strawman they threw up that apparently worked.

They should have flat out said we stopped the program because it didn't fit out business model, we are very pro 2A.

End of story. Hell maybe even throw out a few free guns.

Instead they threw the stupid customization strawman in there to try and make it out as if they replaced the program when they didn't.

I'm not going to respond to the wall of off topic text except to say that none of you who pretend you will fight back against a tyrannical government will ever do a damn thing. If you want to debate that start a separate thread on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
            Pelican - US made, lifetime warranty.
            yea their backpacks and luggage last very ever!!! also they sell badass flashlights

Comment

without the nra we would have been disarmed decades ago .

Comment

Working...
              X