• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did you have it up for sale on pirate?

Comment

Originally posted by 94 cobra View Post
      did you have it up for sale on pirate?
      No. Might have been the original guy or the other one I had. You might have seen it on the off-road trader page on Facebook. I am not married to anything I own! This thing will be a blast finished but some days I long to build another low mileage LCG TJ or LJ (IE less fab work). Then other days I push on and start researching supercharges, lockers, fuel cells and shifters for this thing. The big money items are done and in reality it could be running fairly easily. Still torn on yanking the rear steer and just slapping a straight axle in there. Could fund the rest of it.
      Last edited by kingjason; 04-06-2017, 04:56 AM.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Ya steering axles are bringing crazy money
        I got lucky and got both axles for 1200 with brakes and driveshafts

My last set i got for 500 for both

Comment

Originally posted by 94 cobra View Post
          Ya steering axles are bringing crazy money
          I got lucky and got both axles for 1200 with brakes and driveshafts

My last set i got for 500 for both
          Yeah they average about 1200 stock. I would think with the custom brakes on the corners, the fact the pumpkin has been flipped so it turns proper for rear steer, and it has a Detroit, with the hydraulics, it should do well if someone needed one for a buggy. While I think my rod would hold great, I am just not sure I need it or want the hassle of swapping the rods and hydraulics in and out. Plus I want ARB's front and rear. Or at least lock outs in the front and a ARB rear.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

The brake kit you got is about 400 per wheel. Im too cheap for all that
            I building a 96 ford explorer now with 2.5 tons and 44 inch tires. I hope to take it for a test run to bridgeport next Saturday

Comment

Getting her ready for the ole 6.0. Figure while she is stripped down I should paint what I can. Looks like the ole drive by wire is going to fit perfectly.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Bought a new 220v plasma the other day. Seriously not sure why I waited so long. Cut those old mounts like butter. Then after an hour of cutting and using the long blow air hammer I got those damn frame rivets out from the original mounts and tested my new Novak mounts. When the Novak guy said it should be an easy drop in he wasn't kidding. The damn original shock mount hole lines up with a hole in the new motor mount. So if my measurements are right I should just have to weld it in. I like the fact the mounts go up, down, and side to side. I can't decide how clean I want the frame rail no one will ever see. I think it has had three different engines in there. Should have plenty of room for radiator, inter cooler and tranny cooler now.

Last edited by kingjason; 06-07-2017, 09:33 PM.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

4 hours and one grinding wheel later! Those back 4 motor mounts were on my last nerves. Those weird flat plates, not so much. If I can get the firewall cleaned up and painted maybe I can stab the motor next week. I may hire or lure me a professional welder to come over and show me the ropes on my new set up at least for the motor mounts.Been a while since I have messed with any welding. I don't mind practicing while making the cross members but the motor mounts I want in good.I guess I could bolt them in and then tack them good. Just for a little insurance.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Good enough for government work! Now I can stab the drive-train.*

​​​​​​​
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Nice work!

Comment

Note to self, remove the hood, and transmission and take another stab at it. I had it in and close but to get the right angle I had the chain to far forward and ran out of length and then out of daylight! The worst part was getting this back in the garage. My ken-tool giant tire iron assisted it back over the humps. Almost a two man job! Room wise I was looking good. Maybe another day.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Almost like Novak has done a few of these. Looks like it will be dead on where the bolt is on the shock mount and my radiator should fit perfect. Pan even clears the pinion brake.I do plan on putting a F body *oil pan on it which will free up 4 inches also. I bought this cart specifically for installing transmissions and transfer cases and it works like a champ.Funny thing is, I may be able to flip the old cross member*and the trans holes may be right on top of it. Drill, add rubber and bolt away. Crossing my fingers on that one.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Ever have something figured out in your mind that is just not really going to pan out exactly how you planned it. I thought I ordered a floor mount cable Lokar. Apparently, I did not. The JB triple stick I can't decide if I want in the floor or all that sexy aluminum on top. I did buy the flush mount set up but need 4 inches underneath which I think I have six or so. I think if I bury the JB in the square, set the handles up with a tad of lean back, and drop the tranny shifter directly behind it I will be good. Might be a tad long but it will work. May just end up swapping the Lokar shifter to cable and putting the Lokar by the dash and the triple stick right behind it, like originally planned I think. The good news is I did get enough cable to move those JB's around a little.

Also, can you guys see my pics. I know I paid like a dollar to lose the advertisements a year ago, and it was for life. Just wondering if maybe I got lucky on the PB rip off. Or maybe I can just see them.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                              Ever have something figured out in your mind that is just not really going to pan out exactly how you planned it. I thought I ordered a floor mount cable Lokar. Apparently, I did not. The JB triple stick I can't decide if I want in the floor or all that sexy aluminum on top. I did buy the flush mount set up but need 4 inches underneath which I think I have six or so. I think if I bury the JB in the square, set the handles up with a tad of lean back, and drop the tranny shifter directly behind it I will be good. Might be a tad long but it will work. May just end up swapping the Lokar shifter to cable and putting the Lokar by the dash and the triple stick right behind it, like originally planned I think. The good news is I did get enough cable to move those JB's around a little.

Also, can you guys see my pics. I know I paid like a dollar to lose the advertisements a year ago, and it was for life. Just wondering if maybe I got lucky on the PB rip off. Or maybe I can just see them.

I can still see them. My photobucket is still working as it always has.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Seats are finally in. You know I got to match.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                                X