No announcement yet.

Mini-tubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before picking up the fox I got the exhaust dropped, fully welded and painted. Installed the driveshaft safety loop and worked on wiring up the starter and trans controller. I spend WAY too much time on routing wiring but I'm semi OCD on stupid shit. I also wired up my sequential LED taillights and installed new lenses. Soft mounted my new Joes Racing fuel filler cap, it'll be black to better match. I had to swap out headlight buckets since the re-pop ones that came installed on my Mustangs To Fear nose piece are garbage and the rings were at minimum a 1/2" off.

Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post

I know right?
      1965 Ford Falcon Pro-Touring Project
      TCI F/R Suspension, 3V-4.6 & TR3560, LT III Wheels

sigpic
      Work In Progress

Comment

• In tank 450lph pump conversion. I didn't get a picture but I built a bracket to hang down and support the pump.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Looks nice and clean just like everything else. Cool to see progress.

Comment

• I sent the family to Disney for a week and decided to take off time from work to thrash on the car, it turned out being record high temperature outside so I didn't get as much done as I wanted but I still got a ton of stuff knocked out. Completed fuel lines, tank hard mounted, E85 sensor adapted in and Megasquirt modified to accept it, new spark plugs, timing set, engine cooling fan relay module built and wired up, brackets for radiator and intercooler fabricated and installed, radiator hoses finalized, front suspension tightened up and ride height set, brake system lines bent and installed, bracket for the brake bias built and installed, 1 front caliper needed rebuilt again, brake system bled, sway bar connected, spindles drilled out for the Maximum Motorsports bumpsteer kit, fluid in trans, tracked down a belt for alternator, wired up alternator, and I'm sure I'm missing out on some other big steps I finished off.

This weekend I put fuel in it, primed the system (no leaks!!) and loaded a tune in the computer. There was something wrong with the tune and when I turned the key on the injectors kicked on and proceeded to fill the combustion chambers with fuel in no time flat (80lb/hr injectors and 450lph pump flow a ton of fuel). So that is something I'm investigating right now after the stink of fuel subsides from my garage.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• I love this car so much lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by jtotin View Post
                I love this car so much lol

Thanks man, should be fun when done

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                  Thanks man, should be fun when done

Yeah I bet. Mines coming along. Long way to go before deciding on engine and trans. But it’s in progress lol

Comment

• Looking great, man. Glad to see you making progress.

That filled-cowl looks cool.

I'm surprised you stuck with v-belt stuff and didn't go serpentine. Works good though so whatever.

That AC line run through the shock tower brace looks like a future pain in the ass.

Go ahead and tell us what color you're painting it. Suspense is for losers.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                      Looking great, man. Glad to see you making progress.

That filled-cowl looks cool.

I'm surprised you stuck with v-belt stuff and didn't go serpentine. Works good though so whatever.

That AC line run through the shock tower brace looks like a future pain in the ass.

Go ahead and tell us what color you're painting it. Suspense is for losers.
                      Serpentine belt was in the plans but I'd have to change so much to make it work and I just want it to run. The AC line was just wrapped around to get it out of the way, the fittings are all loose. I'll most likely keep it Grabber Blue, maybe throw a twist in it somewhere.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• I saw on bookface you were asking about a PHB for the Fox, I saw a used one on craigslist cheap... needs to be cleaned up, and said Sachse so it might be Whiteboy.

Coupe is looking hot man!
                        Originally posted by stevo
                        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• That is a lot of progress. Looks great.
                          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Cool project indeed! Those wheels look great on your car.
                            Last edited by renold5; 06-18-2018, 09:04 PM.

Comment

• So a thing happened.....

I still have a ton of tuning to do, there are a lot of things "off" on the tune. I have a lot of wiring to clean up as I tore down a lot of it while troubleshooting the ECU. Also, drove the Fox down from DFW to Houston to pick up a set of Cobra Kevlar seats for the 66. After a couple days of head scratching, measuring and installing the seat 30 times I now have a driver's side seat installed. Time to get a few things wired up and finesse the tune some more to get it drive-able.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• nice!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X