No announcement yet.

screw build parties, I need a gun cleaning party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 5 guns right now that need to be cleaned. I really hate to clean my browning buckmark I'll just spray with an aerosol gun cleaner and call it a day. I usually don't clean mine until the day I'm going to go shooting. I just can't get motivated when I get home to sit there and clean 3-4 guns at a time. I wish I had the cash to buy a big ultrasonic that you could just drop your guns in.

Comment

Originally posted by cmltoe View Post
      I have 5 guns right now that need to be cleaned. I really hate to clean my browning buckmark I'll just spray with an aerosol gun cleaner and call it a day. I usually don't clean mine until the day I'm going to go shooting. I just can't get motivated when I get home to sit there and clean 3-4 guns at a time. I wish I had the cash to buy a big ultrasonic that you could just drop your guns in.
      hahaha...you think your buckmark is a bitch to clean. I'll let you clean one of my Ruger MKII's.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

My shotgun always seems to get cleaned right before important exams/finals. Not sure if there's a correlation there or anything

Comment

The best thing ive ever got for my stuff is bore snakes in every size. Its not the best clean but it is better than nothing and only takes a minute.

I do a real good clean at the end of every season. Sometimes one sneaks in due to weather or things getting wet.

Comment

Generally speaking, I'm still in the habit of cleaning mine right after firing. Sort of instilled from boot camp.

Now, I'll immediately contradict that by saying my hunting rifle needs cleaned before next Thursday. I shot 4 of my guns the other week, cleaned them all except the one that needed cleaning the most before hunting.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I clean when I get home, always have. I'm still down for a dirty em up party.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I clean them as soon as I get home too, but I only have 3 and I don't shoot as often as I'd like, so its not such a chore. If I'm at home and bored watching the tube, I'll break them out for a little detailing and a bit of oil.

Comment

Im usually pretty good about cleaning most of my guns. They get an ammonia bath after shooting. Follwed by a warm soap bath at the shop, couple cans of powder blaster, and then oil.

Only thing is it usually takes all day.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                    I have 19 weapons that need to be cleaned. It's kind of gotten out of hand.
                    I think I am in the same boat as you. I probably have at least that many that need to be cleaned.

Comment

Having an air comrpressor to blow out the dirty solvent and later to blow out the excess oil makes life good.
                      Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                        hahaha...you think your buckmark is a bitch to clean. I'll let you clean one of my Ruger MKII's.
                        I've never messed with any Ruger, but if its anything like my Buckmark I bet it sucks. The part that irritates me the most, the guide rod and main spring are two seperate pieces I've spent hours looking for the damn spring after it comes flying out.

Comment

CJ's ar15-

Originally posted by lincolnboy
                          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

^^^^theres a little build-up

Comment

i have been searching online for videos of how to strip and clean my gun properly. i found some videos on youtube, but the quality of the videos sucked. i do not know how to clean or maintain a gun properly and would like to learn before going to the range for extensive shooting.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                                CJ's ar15-

Holy Shit!!
                                Is that thing lubed with bearing grease????

Comment

Working...
                                X