• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still need a 351w distributor.
    Pulleys and pumps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by cool cat View Post
      What the heck, it it scratch proof, and repels bird shit?
      Originally posted by jtotin View Post
      lol I guess.

It’s a single stage paint.
      Automotive red is the most expensive of all the colors and only surpassed by color shifting paint.
      Most all solid colors are the cheapest, white, black and any other variance of solid colors. Metallic's are next and then the pearls or a combination of those. If you start doing tri-stage colors they are right under solid reds.
      The magenta tint is very expensive and thats what makes Red, so be prepared to pay for any type of red. I've been out of the game for a few years and I'm sure that number he posted for single stage red is correct ($100.00 + per pint). Base Coat is more per pint usually costing around $150.00 per pint depending mfg. in red. Any BASF color shifting off of their color chart is usually around $250.00+ per pint.

If it were my car I would spray a Euro (BASF) brand of paint on it, Lessonal or Wanda are their affordable lines compared to Glasurit or Sikkens, etc. Not sure of anyone automotive paint stores carry that mixing bank here locally.

BTW, why are you wanting to shoot a single stage color, for cost? I'm asking because BC/CC is more forgiving and you can shoot any color and its more durable unless you are shooting Imron or another polyester type of single stage.
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Got to be honest, the black intake is kind of weird. At least, on a blue block with aluminum heads. JMO

Comment

• Reds are expensive. Maybe yellow? That will get you noticed - and is relatively cheap
          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
            Got to be honest, the black intake is kind of weird. At least, on a blue block with aluminum heads. JMO

I like the matte black look with the matte intake valve covers and air cleaner.

Comment

• First time in over 20+ years this car has had an engine and transmission in it.

Another proud moment here for me.

Shifter lined up great with the SN95 trans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                I have a performer carb intake on the shelf.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post

Lol traded stuff for this one plus a cam

Comment

• Just sayin.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by jtotin View Post
                      I like the matte black look with the matte intake valve covers and air cleaner.
                      That's fine. Eye of the beer holder. You're making great progress man!

Comment

• You almost make me want to put a 351w in my truck instead of an LS

Comment

• Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                          You almost make me want to put a 351w in my truck instead of an LS

Do ittttttt

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                            That's fine. Eye of the beer holder. You're making great progress man!

Lol thanks dude

Comment

• Decided on a different hood after doing some research. It’s the hood I’ve always initially wanted, it gives me more hood clearance and with the 1” motor mount drop brackets I’m getting I won’t have any hood clearance issues with the air cleaner.

Comment

• Oh look, Eleanor parts!

Gross.

Comment

Working...
                                X