Top Gear USA???? What happened??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Gear USA???? What happened??

Ok before I go any further let me just say that this show is nowhere near the quality of the original Top Gear.

Having said that, when I first watched the first few episodes of the show it was like watching an abortion being performed by a cocky stunt driver, and annoying yankee, and an over the top fat dude.....

but now a year or so later it's actually not that bad...am I crazy??

It has improved some I think. Love the BBC version, USA version I like.

Getting to know the cast more, but I hate the track they use. Thought the cross country in the 4x4's was pretty good. Poor Bronco....
    Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

You cant script chemistry. Its so fake and forced i dont bother watching it anymore.

Comment

While I'm no apologist for the atrocities of Top Gear US, have any of you watched the first 2 or 3 seasons of the original Top Gear? My bet is no. I like them, but they're not nearly the same as the latter seasons of the show.

Top Gear US still sucks.

Comment

It's not horrible. I'll catch late night reruns if nothing else is on. Tanner is a fucking beast driver.
          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

It's has gotten MUCH better. Tanner makes the show.
            "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

I like Tanner, but the dumbass New York cocksucker and the fatass dweeb should be taken out back and put to pasture.
              How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                While I'm no apologist for the atrocities of Top Gear US, have any of you watched the first 2 or 3 seasons of the original Top Gear? My bet is no. I like them, but they're not nearly the same as the latter seasons of the show.

Top Gear US still sucks.

This is true. The first couple of seasons of BBC TG were okay, and then started taking off the better the guys got to know each other. Haven't watched any of TG USA since the first episode, but I'll give it a shot again when it's on Netflix streaming.

Comment

Still don't understand why they didn't draw from the available crowd of out of work comedians who love cars...there were more than enough to choose from. I know Chris Titus ain't doing shit lol

Comment

Yep it has gotten better and I like tanner and the fat guy. The New Yorker is annoying at best.

Comment

Comparing this series to the BBC one is like comparing the Beatles to the White Stripes. Top Gear UK is one of the best shows on TV, the American version is pretty good as well but nowhere near as good as the original and it never will be, unless somehow the get James May, Hammond and Jeremy Clarkson on it.

Speaking of the British version, Richard Hammond is shooting at Fort Hood today.

Comment

I like Adam Ferrara, always have. When they added him to Rescue Me, it really helped the show. He still frequents local Manhattan comedy clubs and does walk ons.

Rutledge is the one I can't stand. He annoys the shit out of me. He honestly makes James May look tough and fun to hang out with.

Tanner has started to get some personality, which was needed, he was so dry and car nerdy in the first season that it came off like he hated being there.

I think this season is getting a lot better, they are finally getting in a groove, and starting to make the show much more watchable. I think the first season producers tried to force the humor/chemistry/wit the UK show has, and cut out a lot of filler moments, to just try to force cheeky fun at the veiwers.

Comment

I find the show entertaining. But is definitely better than last year. But TG BBC is far more...informative. The biggest difference I see is that nothing is ever "bad" on TG USA. On BBC, it's common to hear complaints about cars as often as praise. You could almost make a decision on a car as reviewed by BBC. But on USA...."everything is great! This car is amazing"!

Comment

Originally posted by TruestreetTim View Post
                            I find the show entertaining. But is definitely better than last year. But TG BBC is far more...informative. The biggest difference I see is that nothing is ever "bad" on TG USA. On BBC, it's common to hear complaints about cars as often as praise. You could almost make a decision on a car as reviewed by BBC. But on USA...."everything is great! This car is amazing"!
                            Since the brits always talk shit about the interior of american cars the american hosts should just talk shit about the lack of torque in the euro cars.
                            "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

TG America seems to be like a long GM commercial. But I still watch it because it dies make me laugh.
                              Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Working...
                              X