Top Gear USA???? What happened??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
    Since the brits always talk shit about the interior of american cars the american hosts should just talk shit about the lack of torque in the euro cars.
    Or blow up a Jaguar and make a coffee table out of it's block.

Comment

I like Top Gear USA. It's just a show, I don't know why people get so bent over it comparing it to the original in which the US bashing got very old.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        I like Top Gear USA. It's just a show, I don't know why people get so bent over it comparing it to the original in which the US bashing got very old.

It's done tongue in cheek, and it isn't like they are nice to anyone else, including their own country. They bitch about the UK government and speed cameras every other episode.

Comment

I agree it has actually become a watchable show now. I still can't help but compare it to the BBC version though, and it's nowhere near the greatness of the original.

Originally posted by BP View Post

Speaking of the British version, Richard Hammond is shooting at Fort Hood today.
          He was filming at the DFW airport last month. I got to talk to some of the associates with the show. He has his own spin off show coming out around April of next year.
          --Marcus

Comment

Top Gear USA is just one big ad. Top Gear UK gets to actually present some opinions about the cars they drive.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
              Top Gear USA is just one big ad. Top Gear UK gets to actually present some opinions about the cars they drive.
              Obviously Ford throws some money at the show and this weeks episode was a blatant commercial for Forza. Heck I think most of the track shots of that yellow LFA were really screen captures from the game.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                Obviously Ford throws some money at the show and this weeks episode was a blatant commercial for Forza. Heck I think most of the track shots of that yellow LFA were really screen captures from the game.
                The problem with that is they can't present those segments with any real integrity, since they're just selling something. TG-UK's hosts are first rate journalists in their own right, and do a fair bit of the writing, too. It lends a level of authenticity and honesty that TG-USA just can't match.

Comment

It's a TV show people, just entertainment.. lol.

Comment

It's a TV show people, just entertainment.. lol.
                    This is DFWmustangs, man. They better do what we want without us having to explain what we want, or else.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                      This is DFWmustangs, man. They better do what we want without us having to explain what we want, or else.
                      Sounds like a bunch of women.

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
                        I like Tanner, but the dumbass New York cocksucker and the fatass dweeb should be taken out back and put to pasture.
                        agree 100%

Comment

i agree that the US Top Gear is muuuuch more timid about giving negative opinions about cars than the UK version.

I would like to see a little "rivalry" started with them completely trashing the current state of british cars throughout an entire episode. While the UK Top Gear did it with typical british cheeky humor, i think an americanized in-your-face dressing down of british cars could be really funny. I think a return-fire of the whole Shelby GT500 RWHP versus BHP bullshit Clarkson did would be watchable.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi View Post
                            You cant script chemistry. Its so fake and forced i dont bother watching it anymore.
                            /thread

Comment

I just started watching the show and it is awesome. Much better than original due to no annoying accents. That Tanner guy also isn't scared to drive the shit out of those cars.
                              www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

What do you guys think of the " car show " ?
                                2012 GT500

Comment

Working...
                                X