No announcement yet.

collision bros!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i only see diamond standard certifications on rebars, absorbers and maybe some brackets.

i have never seen ds sheet metal as an option here in texas.

Comment

Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post
      i saw that. this may actually change things, too bad the consumer will still take it in the pants over premiums.

fit and finish being the obvious, but i have always said no to welded aftermarket parts. no one has ever been able to show me third party data or tests that they perform the same as OE in a crash.
      Finally something I agree with you on. You've repeatedly demonstrated that you lack the ability to listen to or comprehend the professionals....so there's no doubt you've never learned to properly weld.

You have been consistently and completely wrong throughout this thread yet still believe in your own judgement over those of professionals.

Comment

i only see diamond standard certifications on rebars, absorbers and maybe some brackets.

i have never seen ds sheet metal as an option here in texas.
        well, keystone doesnt manufacture parts, so they wouldnt generally be doing the testing on them. Diamond standard is a brand that keystone sells.

Perhaps the CAPA test is what you are looking for regarding sheetmetal?
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

not really looking for anything. the diamond standard link you posted brought it up. the ds stuff is supposed to be equal to that of the oe part in every way. usaa, for one, is all about ds.

after reading the link, i noted that i have yet to see ds sheet metal. insurance companies are all about capa if they use aftermarket vrash parts. but you hold up an oe fender to a replacement capa fender, and you can immediately feel the difference just in weight alone.

Comment

not really looking for anything. the diamond standard link you posted brought it up. the ds stuff is supposed to be equal to that of the oe part in every way. usaa, for one, is all about ds.

after reading the link, i noted that i have yet to see ds sheet metal. insurance companies are all about capa if they use aftermarket vrash parts. but you hold up an oe fender to a replacement capa fender, and you can immediately feel the difference just in weight alone.
            Who said diamond standard makes fenders?
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

There were a ton of large shops in the area panel bonding roofs on after those hail storms in 2016. Good ole 3M 08115!

Comment

no one said they did. the link said hoods, along with the commonly known parts. i simply stated i have never seen ds sheet metal offered or quoted. hood or fender.

i just used the fender as an example when comparing oe to capa.

Comment

Working...
                X